Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Our Trip to Austin-


This past weekend we went to visit Jason's sister in Austin, Texas with his whole family. We had a great time and enjoyed being all together as a family! While we were there we did a lot of fun things - here are some pictures of some of the things we did.

We went shopping and enjoyed the outlets that are there! Brody of course has never really enjoyed shopping and Jason and I have always had to think of creative things for him to do while we shop. On a previous trip I bought him some new cars and trains when he was really into that. Then we would pull a new one out for him to play with when he got a little bored. This time I pulled out the quarters and if Brody was good in the store he would get to go ride a kiddie ride that they have at the outlet malls. This was fun for him and it taught him a little bit about money and the value of it. He only had so many quarters in his pocket and he had to choose which rides to spend them on. He of course enjoyed it and endured going in the stores so that he could go ride a different ride. :)

We went to the Domain (a different shopping strip) to eat dinner and to do a little more shopping that night. We ate some yummy Mexican food and really only went in one store. Forever 21!! I do love this store but sadly walked away empty handed!! They had this really cool play area for the kids so that is where we ended up.


Grandma showing Lilly the waterfall

Drew, Heather and Luke!

Cute little Luke enjoying looking at the water.

Jeremy, Brandy, and Traber. Traber just lights up in front of the camera!

Ryan, Holly, Lilly, and Linnea.



It was funny when we would all be somewhere. Many people would stop and look at all of us with all the kids. One lady in the restaurant was counting all of the kids at our table! :) To have 6 kids all under the age of 3 sitting at one table is bound to draw some attention!

On Sunday we ate at my favorite restaurant in Austin! Flip Happy crepes! If you are ever there it is a must go to! They are delicious!! We then went to the Botanical gardens and enjoyed being outside! It was really pretty but a little hot!!

A family pic.
Brody and Lilly checking out some wildlife--- a caterpillar. Lilly wanted to let it crawl up her leg and Brody wanted to kill it! Ohh the difference between boys and girls! :)

Brody enjoying the fish in the pond.

I don't know why but Kaylee has been making this face lately! I just think it is so funny and so cute!
Kaylee and daddy walking on some rocks in the water.

To get him to take this picture I told him it was the last picture that I would take of him! He then walked over to where I wanted him to stand, posed and after I took the picture said "good we are done with that"! HAHAAH ohh Brody!

Grandma sitting with Linnea, Luke and Traber.

Saying goodbye to the gardens. We had a great time while we were there and enjoyed so many fun things as a family. We got some yummy snow cones, ate lots of yummy food and had a great time as a family at Heather and Drew's house! Thanks Heather and Drew for everything!!

5 comments:

Jill said...

So much fun! Love the family pic with your graphic t's on!! So cute!

Mrs. J said...

that pic of Brody "posing" is soooo Brody! absolutely adorable! and I'm lovin' Kaylee's new face for pics!

Marmee said...

I love the new face that Ms. Kaylee has been making. So Cute!! I can just hear Brody saying that he was done with pictures and what a SMART idea to give him quarters based on his behavior in the stores. VERY CLEAVER!! The gardens look fun and I can just imagine walking in a restaurant with all of you and the kids. People trying to figure out who belongs to who. :-) Great family times.

The Beams said...

Wow, you guys did a lot in one weekend! Love the pics-you are getting great shots with that camera!!

amy said...

I can see why you all had so much fun! Lots to see, eat, and do there. Plus, nice places to get some good family pics. Brody, Brody, Brody, so funny! Love seeing Kaylee's new faces and getting a piggy back ride. That's cute. I imagine you all were quite the sight to see!