So I don't know about you but I am always looking for some creative fun things to do with my kids! I have decided to do several different post this summer with some fun summer ideas that we have done. I know I always look at blogs to help me get some ideas so here are some of mine....
A local bakery had a fun event where they let kids decorate cookies after reading the book, "Who stool the cookies from the cookie jar". It was a lot of fun and it was free! As every stay at home mom is, I am all about fun educational things for the kids to do that are free!!! What a great idea this bakery had! We all had a good time and the kids enjoyed some yummy cookies!
Brody decorating his cookie. This is the first time he has used a pastry bag and he really liked it. I am going to get some of these and we can have our own cookie decorating party at our house! I did not realize how much fun children can have with a pastry bag! Or you could just use a baggie and cut the corner. Just imagine the endless things you can do with them!!
Kaylee did not have a decorated cookie but it did not matter to her! It was her first time to try a chocolate chip cookie and lets just say she LOVED it! All the chairs were full so we had to stand. I don't think the kids minded though I mean they were eating cookies!

His face here cracks me up!!! Like ohh mom I don't want to take another picture! This bakery also lets you have Birthday partys there. I will have to remember that for the future! We had a great time!
While I was working on Wed night at our church, Jason was being creative with the kids and letting them play some music! They loved tapping the glasses filled with different levels of water and hearing the different sounds that they made.
Kaylee loved this as well and was really good at lightly tapping the glasses! :)
So if your children are already board this summer just pull out your glasses and see what kind of music you can make and then decorate some yummy cookies for everyone to enjoy!
A local bakery had a fun event where they let kids decorate cookies after reading the book, "Who stool the cookies from the cookie jar". It was a lot of fun and it was free! As every stay at home mom is, I am all about fun educational things for the kids to do that are free!!! What a great idea this bakery had! We all had a good time and the kids enjoyed some yummy cookies!
So if your children are already board this summer just pull out your glasses and see what kind of music you can make and then decorate some yummy cookies for everyone to enjoy!
4 comments:
I love the music idea with the water and glasses. The cookie decorating is a great idea and what a good idea for a store to take a book and work it into a teachable moment with a craft. I think the pastry bag is a great idea. Never thought a child would be so interested. Gotta love summer time!!!
You all are fun parents! Smart of the bakery to do a cookie decorating day. I bet you'll be back for the next one too. Anxious to see what other fun things you all do this summer.
That bakery looks like a fun place. You will have to tell me which bakery it is, so I can go with Lilly. I'll have to get out some glasses this summer! Great ideas!
So, when are you making cookies?? I'll be over soon:)
Great ideas!
Post a Comment