It is my mission this summer to do some fun and educational activities with Brody, so when I saw this Dinosaur Egg at Cracker Barrel I thought it looked like a fun thing to do with him. He has been watching PBS Kids in the mornings (they have some great shows on there)! One of the shows is called Dinosaur Train- whoever thought of this show was a genius! What boy would not want to watch a show that is about Dinosaurs and trains?!?! I find it very interesting because they try to teach the kids about different dinosaurs and what happened to them while making it fun for them to watch! ANYWAYS--- We knew he would love watching a Dinosaur egg crack open and a dinosaur come out of it!
This is what it looks like in the box.
UPS Man Brody was very excited about seeing what kind of Dinosaur was going to be inside!
You have to submerge the egg in water for up to 24 - 36 hours. We put ours in a big bowl in the kitchen so we could observe it.
Kaylee was watching Brody put the egg in the water.
After 24 hours we were able to see part of the Dinosaur. We could see the shell cracking and the Dinosaur's head sticking out of the egg.

So of course we decided to peel back the egg and see what kind of Dinosaur was inside.

The egg was very easy to peel back and this part was a lot of fun for him. As we peeled back the egg, we talked about all the different kinds of animals that hatch out of eggs.
To Brody's excitement he got a T-Rex! The instructions said that as long as the Dinosaur was submerged in water it would keep growing. So we put it back in the water and watched it grow for 3 days!
After 3 days Brody decided it was big enough and we took it out to dry and of course to play with!
It was a lot of fun and very educational at the same time!
So of course we decided to peel back the egg and see what kind of Dinosaur was inside.
The egg was very easy to peel back and this part was a lot of fun for him. As we peeled back the egg, we talked about all the different kinds of animals that hatch out of eggs.
It was a lot of fun and very educational at the same time!
5 comments:
Wow--that is such a neat idea. I would have as much fun watching it hatch as the kids I think! I bet Brody couldn't wait for it to emerge.
I am finally getting cought up with you all. What a great toy and fun thing to do. what is it made out of? good to see all the pictures of the kids, Kaylee looks so cute with the pony tail.
Would love to see you. Mi MI
What a great teaching moment to not just talk about the dinosaur but also other things that come from eggs. Great idea! I know he was excited to see all this egg hatching happen and glad he got the dino he wanted. Great summer activity.
What a great activity!!
What a neat toy!! I may just have to make a trip to Cracker Barrel! We love the Dinosaur Train at our house too.
Post a Comment