Saturday, January 12, 2008

First Hair Cut!!!

Brody went and got his First hair cut on Friday!! Wow what a momentous occasion! I knew it was time to get it cut when it started forming the shape of a baby mullet. :)* (Don't worry I got it cut way before it was an actual mullet) :)*
This is a picture of Brody before he got his hair cut.

We found a very nice lady who is used to cutting little boys hair and had her give him his first official hair cut! She did an excellent job! We will definitely be going back to her!

I have heard many stories of babies first hair cuts and how they do not like it all that much!! So I went in with my expectations low and my bag filled with all of his favorite snacks (which is just about anything!) for him to enjoy while she was cutting his hair. My mom offered to come on her lunch break and help entertain /distract him. And to my wonderful surprise he was on his best behavior and thought nothing of having to sit still or having a lady chopping away at his hair! I don't know if it was because of my mom and I pulling out snacks, lotion bottles (which he loves to play with), or toy cars that helped this experience go so smoothly or if it was because he knew he really needed this hair cut!!! :)* Afterwards we celebrated by eating some pizza and going to the park!


This is the best picture I could get of my 14month toddler who was bound and determined not to show off his new hair cut infornt of the camera! :)*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well my goodness he is growing up. From what I can tell he looks like quite the little boy now. Some of that baby boy is disappearing. :( yet :) lol I am so glad he sat well for the cut. It probably did help having the undivided attention of you and Mom. Then celebrating with pizza and the park! WOW. Sounds like a great day. His hair looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

What a great haircut on a great little boy. No longer a baby now. He was so good and did such a good job sitting while she cut with scissors and shaver. Who needs suckers and sitting in moms lap? He did it all on his own with just a little entertainment from us. What a cute little boy. Made my Friday. I proclaim that every haircut day should be on Friday at 11:30 and pizza afterwards. Makes Marmee in a good mood to go back to work. :-0

Anonymous said...

Can this little one be so big now? Hard to believe! How fast they grow up and change. Of course he was perfect, as always! :) I also proclaim Fridays as...any reason to take off work and spend with cute children & play at the park the rest of the day! DeAnne

Anonymous said...

Such a handsome boy! LOVE the new cut & can't believe he's getting so big! We enjoy keeping up w/ your sweet family & defin. need to get together soon! We're thrilled that he handled this new adventure so well! Love you guys...God bless!

Anonymous said...

FINALLY FOUND TIME TO CATCH UP WITH BRODY. FROM THE TIME YOU WERE HERE UNTIL NOW OUR BABY HAS GROWN UP. THE HAIR CUT PICTURES ARE PRICELESS. LOVED THE ONES WITH THE TRAINS TOO. SURE MISSED HIM WHEN YOU LEFT. WE WILL HAVE TO COME UP REAL SOON LOVE MI MI