Thursday, April 05, 2007

Bible Study


Today Brody and I went to church, so that I could go to a bible study. I have been before but I have not put Brody in the nursery that they provide. I enjoy going to these, not only so that I can talk with other girls my own age, but also so that I can do a bible study! I am particularly excited about doing this one because it is a Beth Moore bible study and I love those! OK ANYWAYS........
So on the way there I am feeling pretty good about the day. We are in the car and on our way with time to spare!! WOW that is a major accomplishment for me! So I take him to the room and drop him off. As I was getting ready to leave, I looked over to say goodbye to Brody and this little girl was looking at him saying BOO! Brody looks at her then looks at me and puts that bottom lip out and starts to wale! Like mom what are you doing ..... where are you going .... and why is this strange girl in my face! I did not know what to do.... should I go ...... should I stay??? The worker looked at me and said he will be fine, go and enjoy your bible study. Then she went and picked him up and comforted him. So with a heavy heart I left. When I got into the room with the other girls Mandy (Cooper/Beam) asked me if I had dropped Brody off at the nursery, that is when I started to tear up!!!! Yeah I am one of those mom's!!! I have left him before and I have not cried and knew he would be fine, but for some reason today the tears came! The girls comforted me and said he would be fine and I knew he would be. It is time for both of us to get out of the house, make new friends and every once in awhile let someone else comfort us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww... that is sad, yet funny. Glad you went ahead and left him. I know what that bottom lip looks like too. Makes you melt. I'm proud of you!! It will get better. He needs to be around other kids. He probably ended up having fun. He IS easily entertained. Sweet picture of you two. Like the OU outfit.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I know that look too. Amy gives me the same look when I want to go in Best Buy. Sticks out that bottom lip and just pouts the whole time. :-)

Great picture of you two.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so who is the bratty girl that was saying "Boo" to our baby????? Making our baby wonder what he was getting into, the nerve of her and at a bible study too. Bless his little heart.
You did good Em. letting him make new friends and good for you to talk to others. Proud of you both. Next time, you just get the name of the "Boo" girl.

Anonymous said...

It's always hard to leave them the first few times. As you well know it is good, not only for him but for you too. I have not seen you or him in a while but I know that you’re a good mommy. As time passes and more children you have you will find that it gets easier and easier. It’s always hard when doing this with the first child. But know that this is good, you are a good mother. It will get eaiser. Good luck!