Monday, October 26, 2009

Our Little boy turns 3!

Well I can't believe that my baby boy is now 3 years old!! It seems like just the other day we were bringing him home from the hospital, and now we are celebrating his 3rd birthday!
This is a picture of Brody when he was just 1 week old!

Here he is at his 1st Birthday party. I have always loved this picture and when I look at him I see a lot of resemblance between him and Kaylee.


Here he is at his 2nd Birthday party.

Here he is in his Birthday hat that we made on his 3rd Birthday. He is getting so big and so smart! He talks all the time at home and from what we have heard is a little shy when he is at school or church. Right now he loves to pretend play and will make Ja and I play like we are at school. It is so cute! Most days I look at him and think when did he get so big! Everyone says the years go by so fast and I am here to tell you they really do! How has 3 years gone by already!?
Brody got to celebrate his Birthday with his friends at school. We took up some yummy snacks and were able to celebrate with them. It was fun to see him in that environment!

In our house Birthdays are a big deal and I like to make it a special day! Brody woke up to find streamers hung from his doorway and the house decorated for his special day. I used pictures of some of his favorite things he did while he was 2 years old to decorate with. (Thanks Julia for that great idea!) We stayed around the house and did all of his favorite things, played with play-dough, finger painted, colored a party hat, played trains, and played lots of other fun things! It was a good day and he seemed to enjoy it!

Marmee and Pops were able to come over and celebrate his Birthday with us on his Birthday.
Here is a family pic of us before we sang Happy Birthday to the little guy.
Here he is opening some of his presents.
Kaylee enjoying the Birthday celebration.

Marmee reading a new book she gave them. I think this is funny because you can tell both kids are really interested in this book. She has a captivated audience.

Pops was showing Brody all the different things his new boat can do!
We had Jason's family over the next day to celebrate with us. This is the fun cake I made for that party. I found this recipe online and thought it would be perfect to make for him!! It was so much fun to make and so easy!! All you do is make a cake, ice it, then put kit-kats around it and M&M's on top! Easy as that and really pretty and fun looking! Brody's favorite part of the cake was eating the M&M's. :)

Here he is while we are all singing Happy Birthday to him. He is so funny!!

Lilly thought Kaylee was so funny when she was jumping in her jumperoo. :)

Brody received lots of great presents! He was so cute after he opened each one, he would go and tell that person thank you for the present! What a nice little boy!

Brody with Grandma and Grandpa
We had a wonderful time celebrating our little boys Birthday! We love you Brody and can't wait to see all the fun things you are going to learn this year!



8 comments:

Marmee and Pops said...

Three years does go by fast and how much he has learned in those three years. Such a good and smart boy. The past and present pics are so cute of him and Kaylee really does look like him at the same age she is right now.
I am glad that you make a big deal about the birthday since that is the only one day in the year that is all yours. I love the decorations you put up and the yummy cake you made. How cute is that? Who wouldn't get excited over that cake?
You all are great parents and Brody and Kaylee are such a reflection of that love you give them. Happy third birthday.. Brody. We love you.

amy said...

YAY BRODY! Happy Birthday. Eric and I can't belive he is already 3! Crazy!!! He is such a smart and sweet boy. We are always amazed with what he says and can do. Mom's right, that's a nice reflection of you all. You did a wonderful job making his birthday special. The cake looks AMAZING! Love it! And the material gathered on the table and circles hanging, just makes it perfect! Great idea with the pictures across the mantle. Looks cute. Can't wait to see that 3 year old again!! XOXO

The Beams said...

Ok, I definitely want that cake on MY birthday!! That looks awesome! I am so glad he had a great birthday.

Julie

Jill Brannon Photography said...

Happy birthday, Brody!!! I love his cake, how cute!!!!! I still remember your sister telling us that you were pregnant with him...time does fly fast!!! He's such a cutie!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Brody had a great birthday, decorations, cakes,presents and family. What more could a three year old want. Now I am looking froward to the Halloween pictures. It will be another big week end. Mi Mi

Heather said...

Brody--We are so sad that we didn't get to spend your birthday with you this year. We can't believe you are already 3! It looks like you had a great time with family--we can't wait to see you in a month. We hope you are enjoying your veggie tales videos and the fire station! Love, Drew & Heather

the Pulleys said...

I am completely going to have to make that cake @ some point! It is beautiful and we're sure he must have loved it!

the Pulleys said...

Ooops... And a big "Happy birthday" to Brody Ja! Can't believe our babies are getting to be this old already! He's such a handsome, well-rounded little boy...and he certainly is a wonderful reflection of his Mom and Dad.