
Kaylee is now 8 months old! She is such a big girl and yet in my mind is still my little baby! :) I guess that is how it always is with your second child! She is a very laid back girl! Very different then Brody was at this age! She loves to go shopping with me and will fall asleep in her
stroller!! Wow that is great! :) She is always aware of her
surroundings and loves it when
Ja, Brody or I come in the room! Brody and I usually go and get her in the morning and she gets so excited to see both of us! She is now doing two signs which I love!!!!! She does all done and more! It is so cute to see her doing these! I love doing the signs with them and really think it helps know what they want. I know that there are people out there that say it slows down their
speech, but in our experience with Brody it helped him learn the meaning of the words and when to use them. He is a big talker and I believe it help
speed up his language. After they get the signs down you encourage them to say the words while doing the sign. It helps take aways a lot of
frustration on their part and on ours! Anyways....
Kaylee is starting to like to move around to get things and is trying to start crawling but I think she has a ways to go until she does. Like I said she is a laid back little girl and with the constant entertainment from Brody who needs to go get anything to play with! She now only eats big people food and refuses to eat baby food anymore! If we put a bite of baby food in her mouth she puts her hands up and says all done and will push away the spoon! :) This is the time that I really don't like because now I have to be creative and think about good
nutritious things that she will be able to eat! She is so fun and we can't imagine our lives without her!

Taking her monthly pictures in her chair are not that easy anymore!! :)

I am afraid that we have a VERY picky eater on our hands with Brody. Picky or
stubborn I don't know but I also have to be creative with what he eats. :) It can make for some fun dinners and lunches! Of
coures he likes the normal kid food and mac and
cheese is his all time favorite! However I try to get him to try new things and to eat food that is good for him, we call it brain food. We play games at dinner to get him to eat and often times we bribe him with a little treat if he eats a good dinner like a pumpkin,
starbursts or something along those lines. Some of his
favorite things right now are in the picture above. He loves the Mickey Mouse apples! They are
freeze dried apples with nothing else in them so I love that! He refuses to eat real apples so these are a good alternative. You can find them by the
raisins. They are also a good on the go snack that I feel is good for them! He also loves the Mickey Mouse
cheese. Yes I know it is just cheese cut out like Mickey Mouse and over priced because of it, but sometimes I just don't care as long as he eats it! :) I love the idea of the snacks with the letters on it!! It is a fun thing for them to eat and get to practice learning their letters!

My mom and dad watched Brody and Kaylee while we were gone on Sunday night and they did some pumpkin stamping! It was such a cute idea I thought I would share it with you so that you can do it with your kids. A great
rainy day activity! Brody helped take the seeds out and the next day we did this with them......

We painted a pumpkin that I drew and glued the seeds on it. What a cute idea, thanks
Marmee!
I cut the pumpkin out after it dried and it looks really cute! Brody had a great time doing it as well!!

One thing Brody loves to do is play
Ja's trumpet! This will entertain him for hours and I must say he is really good at it! No he does not play songs, he just blows in it as hard as he can and wow he can really do it good for an almost 3 year old!! We have taken him to some football games and he really likes to see the football players and the band. He came home and told me that he wants a tuba from Santa. :)
hahah I said they are to expensive for Santa. :)


Our new nephew was born last week and we are so excited to welcome Luke into our family! Congratulations Heather and Drew on a very cute baby boy!!! We can't wait to meet him!! Brody has really liked looking at all the
pictures of "baby Luke" as he calls him and keeps telling us that he was in Aunt
Heathers tummy and the doctor got him out!
5 comments:
I cannot believe how big Kaylee is getting. she is so beautiful- I just love her eyes.
and love the trumpet pics!
I can't believe Kaylee is 8 months old! I remember when Lilly refused to eat baby food. Lunch and dinner became more difficult to prepare! I bet Kaylee will be a good eater. Brody looks like he is having fun playing his Daddy's trumpet! Maybe he will want to be in band. We are looking forward to celebrating Brody's 3rd birthday!
We love you Kaylee Jo! Can't believe she is growing so fast. I can imagine how challenging meals have become now. Aren't you so glad that you don't have to pay for that baby food anymore though?!
Marmee and Pops told us about Brody's trupmet playing. We're really anxious to hear him play. Will he play for us on Skype? That's SO neat! (funny shirt too)
Mickey Mouse is a genius for creating that food. LOL
The trumpet pictures are great. I just googled Miles Davis and he started playing the trumpet at 12. Brody already has him beat. ;-)
Here it is the 20th of the month and I missed this post. What was up with that? The pics are so cute with the kids and your commentary on what life is like at this moment is priceless. Good luck with the brain food. Seems like you have at least a few foods that he likes.
Ms. Kaylee is a living doll and Brody playing the trumpet is great. And he really does do a good job at it. Give them sugars.
Post a Comment