Monday, November 02, 2009

Happy Halloween!

For Halloween this year Brody was a UPS man and Kaylee was Tinkerbell (or a fairy). It was a lot of fun dressing them and letting Brody pick out his own costume. Brody went through a stage of getting really bored while riding in the car. So I started pointing out all the different trucks that went by and we would talk about them. This way it kept his interest and he would (and still does) look for all the different kinds of trucks. So when we let him pick out his costume we were not surprised that he picked the UPS man outfit since we always see the trucks drive by! It is my favorite outfit that he has worn and I think his as well. :) I loved being able to make a tu-tu for Kaylee! I found the wings at a sale and thought it would be fun to make her a fairy. I added some tulle, some iron on hearts to her shirt, and a fun little head peace to make her outfit complete. :) I love how it turned out!
We went over to Grandma and Grandpa's house to let them see the kids outfits, spend time with them and to see Lilly. It was fun making a day out of Halloween.

Here are all the kids wearing their Halloween outfits. Lilly is a cute little cat!! Holly made her outfit and did a really good job on it! I know that all the kids are not looking at the camera, but you take what you can get with three kids! :)

I think this picture is so cute of Lilly! She is purring like a kitty cat! :) It is fun to watch her and Brody because they are noticing each other more and more every time we see them.

Brody and Kaylee with Grandma and Grandpa. :)

We then made our way to my Grandparents house to show them the kiddos. Here is Gammy chasing Brody around. :) I think this is such a sweet picture!

Gammy comforting Kaylee on her lap. :)

After the kids took naps we went over to my parents house for a yummy dinner and some trick-or-treating. :)

Marmee and Pops with the kiddos before Pops and Ja took Brody trick-or-treating.

Aren't these fun pumpkins that my mom has! They look so cute from the road!

Brody was so excited to go trick-or-treating and came home ready to look at all of his candy. It brought back memories of my sister and I always coming home and dumping the candy on the floor so we could see all that we got and let my parents go through it to make sure nothing had been opened.

I just love this picture!!

Brother and Sister! We had a great Halloween!

10 comments:

amy said...

LOVE THEIR COSTUMES! They work perfectly for both of them! You all were busy Trick-or-Treaters I'd say. I'm glad Brody had such a good time trick-or-treating and going through all of his candy. So cute. Still loving that feather in Kaylee's hair! Glad we got to see you all on Skype.

The Beams said...

You all had a busy day!! Love both outfits. Nice job on creating Kaylee's costume!

Marmee and Pops said...

I would say you had a progressive Halloween and we are so glad we got to be a part of it. The kids looked so cute. It was a fun day.

Jill said...

OH MY. SOOOOO Cute!!! I love the adorable costumes, and I think they could wear both of them to play in all year!!! Adorable!

Holly said...

I think Brody and Kaylee's costumes were perfect for them both. It's hard to figure out costumes for toddlers since they want to be comfortable too, but Brody could wear that on a regular day and be comfy! Kaylee's costume looked so cute! The wings go great with the tutu you made. I'm glad we were able to get the kids together for pictures!

Mrs. J said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kaylee's costume! I'm so impressed with you and your creativity. Sounds like a fun holiday!

the Pulleys said...

Em ~ You did an awesome job on Kaylee's costume! ADORABLE! And I love how creative Brody's is and how handsome (and old...sorry) he looks in it. Cute, cute!

Anonymous said...

What a busy day you had on Halloween. Both looked so cute, The kids were really out here in Dallas. I bet we had over 60 at our door. finally had to turn out the light, but they still came. Fun night. Love Mi Mi

Ashley said...

Hey Emily,

It's Ashley Robbins, hope you are doing well! I found your blog through Julie Beam's and wanted to ask you again where you got Kaylee's headband straps? You told me one day but I can't remember where you said...I would love to get LIv a couple..

amanda torres said...

I just LOVE their costumes. So super cute. UPS guy is really funny!