Monday, February 02, 2009

Trip to the Park and Our Shower

We had some really nice weather over the weekend, so Brody and I decided to go to the park! It was nice to be outside and made us both ready for spring! He is growing up so fast and doing some really funny things and some typical 2 year old things now. :) I really like how I can now carry on a full conversation with him.
Here is one we had the other day:
Brody: Mommy is my baby sister still in your tummy?
Me: Yes she is.
Brody: (talking to my stomach, with his hand on it) Hi baby sister! She is moving?
Me: Yes she is, she likes it when you talk to her because you are her big brother.
Brody: Does she like to color with markers?
Me: I don't think she can color with markers yet, why?
Brody: Because she has colored on your tummy mommy!
Me: Laughing because he was talking about the stretch marks on my stomach that are a result of 2 pregnancies! :)
We have now mastered wearing big boy pants out in public and have tackled those nasty public bathrooms! At first I was not sure how to put him on the potty because his little bottom would fall right off. We had a travel potty top that was supposed to fit on any potty and work great, however it does not so don't waste your money! In fact it fell in one of the toilets that we were trying to use which was not fun and as a result Brody did not want to use the potty at all because he almost fell in. So after having my sister question some of her friends (that have older kids) I found out one way is to put them on there sideways. So here I am in the bathroom at Target with a child that does not want to use the bathroom, however he really needs to go. I am putting toilet paper on the stool (because if you don't I just think it is gross!!!) And then bribing my child to sit on there and go pee pee with being able to go and look in the toy section. (I did not say buy anything, I just said look!) :) It worked and he finally went and all was well! 10 min later when we were all the way at the back of the store, he had to go again! I thought to myself welcome to the life of no diapers anymore! So needless to say we had two successful trips to the bathroom at Target and I was very proud of him for going!
Some pics of him at the park-



As you can tell he had a blast!!

My baby shower-
Some friends from church gave us a baby shower for our little girl! We are so thankful to them for all the wonderful pink things they gave us!!! Now she will not have to use anything blue! :) We had a lot of fun eating and playing games! It was nice to be able to get out and celebrate this little girl with some good friends!

Julia and me. She is Jasmine's mom and has a new baby Jocelyn. It has been great having her as a friend and swapping mom stories and getting good ideas from each other! Our children are going to see the Live Play House Disney together which I know will be great fun for them!
Candice and Julie. They were also hostesses and great friends! I was not able to get pictures of the rest of the girls that were there because I forgot to take them! I know... me who always takes pictures! We want to thank everyone that was there! They have all been a big support group when we needed prayer for our baby and encouraging me through this pregnancy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as going to the bathroom in the stores... yes it is a little different from having a child with a diaper on and well worth it but they always seem to have to go when there is either no bathroom around or you are at the back of the store. Believe me, you and your sister trained me well on that. :-0
Outside pics... can you believe that after an ice storm you can go to the park 4-5 days later in a sweat shirt. Great day to be out.
Shower... what good friends you have. Love the little cakes. So cute. You look very pretty Em.
Markers on your stomach!! One of those things you will always remember a two year old saying. CUTE! xoxoxo

Jessica Hilliker said...

I LOVED "hearing" Brody's conversation with you about baby sister :) SO PRECIOUS...

Hang in there--only a week and a half to go!!!!

The Proctors said...

Definitely "welcome to the world of no diapers!" You'll soon find out that they love to visit every bathroom too! I still hate to go in the public bathrooms with Landon! You look so cute, and getting so close!! It will be sweet to hear the things that Brody says about his baby sister when she gets here!

Holly said...

Brody looks so much older in the park pictures. That was a cute conversation Brody had with you. It will be fun to see him with his little sister---in just a little over a week or less!

Jill said...

I can't wait to hear of all the sweet things he says to his sister! You look so cute by the way!!!!

amy said...

I love that little guy! So smart and funny. You've got to scrapbook that conversation. That was sweet.
Going to the park in winter is rare. So glad you all got to get out and enjoy a nice day. My friends are very resourceful. Always willing to help. Glad you found a way that will work for Brody, and you.
You do have good friends! The little cakes look adorable and yummy! You look wonderful Lou! I know you enjoyed putting away al of her new pink things.
Counting down the days!!!

Ryan Family said...

Brody's conversation with you was precious! I enjoyed your blog and I'm excited for you and Jason and Brody for your new addition coming very soon. Hang in there, we are praying for oyu guys here! =)