Kaylee Jo arrived at 1:28pm on Feb 12, 2009. She weighed 7lb 5 oz and was 18 inches long!!
I went in to be induced and before we knew it Kaylee was ready to come! She was here faster then I ever thought and is just perfect! The labor and delivery went much smoother than with Brody and for that I am very grateful!
Here she is right after her grand entrance in her daddy's arms. I love how she is just looking at him and is probably thinking... "Hey I know you. I have heard your voice before!" :)
Marmee and Aunt Amy were back in the delivery room with Ja and I. Here Marmee is checking Kaylee out with Ja.

Aunt Amy looking at her. I was so glad that Amy was able to be there for her birth as well! She is staying with us this week and has been a big help for me and Ja! I know Brody has really enjoyed having her around!

Brody was up at the hospital when she was born. Here he is getting to see his sister for the first time while she was getting all cleaned off. I think his face is so funny here! I wonder what his little brain was thinking here. I was told that he kept pointing to her and saying that that was his little sister. :) At the hospital he was not to sure of things, but overall he did really good for everything being different and his schedule being all messed up. I think he had a hard time realizing that she was what was in my tummy. :)

Here Pops is holding her in her Valentine's Day blanket and hat that the hospital gave her right after she was born. She was a little cold after she was born and she had a hard time warming up and getting her temperature up to normal. So the nurse put her under some warming lights. After she warmed up and had a steady temperature the nurse felt that she needed a little something special, so she gave these to her a little early. :)

Jason's family was able to come and visit us right after she was born. Nanna, Papa, Holly, and Lilly were at the hospital in the waiting room playing with Brody and waiting on Kaylee to arrive. Ja and I want to thank them so much for playing with Brody and making him feel like a special big brother!

Kaylee with her daddy. Of course I had to put a bow in her hair when she was only a couple hours old! :) She was born with a full head of hair and it is much darker then Brody's was when he was born. So it will be interesting to see what color it turns out to be.

Kaylee and I resting in the hospital, we were both a little tired. :)

Here she is in her going home outfit! I just love it and think she looks so pretty! We were all excited to be going home and taking our baby girl with us!

Happy Valentine's Day! Here she is in her Valentine's Day outfit looking so cute and comfortable! You can really see her full head of hair here.

Kaylee gave Brody a big brother gift. It is a house for all of his trains and he loved it! This was the first time that he gave her a kiss and really took some interest in her. He has done so good with her since we have been home. He always tells us if she is waking up or goes and gets us something for her if we need it. I think he is going to be a great big brother!

So sweet!
16 comments:
YEA!! We are all so glad Kaylee is here. She is adorable and such a good baby. I LOVE her head of dark hair. It just screams..."Put handbands and bows on me!!!" I can't believe how fast the delivery day went and how well you did. I am very proud of you! Thank you God for a healthy baby! It was a very exciting day! I love being here with you all to help. Now, let's play dress up! :) XOXO
Congrats Jason, Emily & Brody! Kaylee is absolutely adorable! I can't tell who she looks like so you'll have to post some baby photos of yourselves or something so we can see =). I love her name too, great job! I'm so happy everything went so well. We can't wait to meet her! Let us know if you need ANYTHING! Luv Erin & Achile
Brody you are a big brother now, I am sure you are going to be the best big brother ever and protect her through the years.
Jason and Emily, she is beautiful. You are blessed to have a wonderful, beautiful family. Your extended families are extremely blessed to have both of you in their lives.
Miss you all,
Love
Tamara, Ty, Gavin
What a sweet itty bitty! She is just adorable and you look amazing!! Congratulations on your little wonder!!
I love the picture of Broday looking at Kaylee thru the glass at the hospital- that is priceless. and I love the bows (of course!). she is so beautiful and I'm so happy that she is finally here!
Kaylee is beautiful and she looks like a Kaylee! We are so happy that the labor went so well and so fast. That makes for a lot easier recovery. We can't wait to see Kaylee again and see what a great brother Brody is to her. Enjoy every minute because you know how time flies!
Oh Kaylee Jo is just beautiful and I am so thankful the day went so well!!! Brody is going to be the best brother to Kaylee!!! Congrats to your beautiful family! I love her name, too....so cute!!!
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. WE ARE SO PROUD OF OUR NEW KEYLEE JO. LOVE THE NAME. PRETTY HAIR AND THE PICTURES OF BRODY WITH HER ARE PRICELESS. CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU. LOOKING FORWARD TO A PICTURE SO I CAN SHOW HER OFF TO ALL OUR FRIENDS. LOVE FROM MI MI AND MI CAW.
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. WE ARE SO PROUD OF OUR NEW KEYLEE JO. LOVE THE NAME. PRETTY HAIR AND THE PICTURES OF BRODY WITH HER ARE PRICELESS. CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU. LOOKING FORWARD TO A PICTURE SO I CAN SHOW HER OFF TO ALL OUR FRIENDS. LOVE FROM MI MI AND MI CAW.
Wow...Brody is a lucky big brother...getting gifts from his brand new baby sister!!
Emily and Jason, Kaylee is beautiful and I am so excited for you to have such a precious little girl.
Congratulations Emily, Jason & Brody! I'm Amy's friend and she tells us all about you guys, so I've been checking her blog all week hoping for an update on her new niece, but thought I would just check ya'll's out to see how things were going. Kaylee Jo is beautiful! Love the hair! Love the outfits! What a blessing for all 3 of you guys!! She is precious.
Kaylee is so precious!! Congrats to you guys!! She and Brody will have so much fun together, and I know Brody will be the best big brother!! Can't wait to see more pictures!
Congratulations! I bet you can't even imagine your life without her. She is just beautiful
What a beautiful little precious baby. It is so amazing how God puts this little package together in a tiny spotin a mommies tummy with all the equipment that she needs to live. Even dark black hair for bows. We are truly wonderfully made by the Creator. Lots to be thankful for.
It has been fun watching Brody welcome her in to his world of CARS and Trains. She has a lot of names to learn with all of Thomas the Train friends and all of Lighting McQueen's friends.
Emily! That last picture of Brody kissing her is absolutely priceless. How exciting!!!!!! :) Hannah
Emily and Jason, your little baby girl Kaylee is just precious. She is absolutely beautiful. Brody, you have already taken on that "big brother protector" look. What an exciting time for your whole family. Bill and Jo Nell
Post a Comment