Friday, November 21, 2008

Learning how to be a big brother... :)

I had a doctors apt today to check on our little girl. Because of some complications that I have we are able to get an ultrasound done more often then normal. Our doctor has a 3d ultrasound machine so that makes it really fun to look at! This morning before my appointment Brody and I were talking about how he is going to be a big brother, and what he can do with his little sister. So he wanted to go and read a book to his little sisters Daisy Duck doll and practice being able to read to his sister. :) It was so cute that I had to capture the moment on camera! He likes going in his sisters room and playing with some of the stuff that we had in his room when he was a baby. We then talk more about her and hope that the idea of having a sister will sink in and he will understand what we are talking about. :)
*I would also like to share that Brody is now going pee pee in the potty when we ask if he needs to go. He knows he gets 2 MM's if he goes and that is great motivation for him! We are still at the very beginning of this, but I wanted to document the date on here of when he first started for my records. :)
Reading in his sister's room. :)


Some pics of our baby girl in my tummy!






We also were able to have these done on Brody and it is amazing how much they look alike, yet there are some noticeable differences. :) She has a smaller face right now and a pointy chin. However her nose is the same as Brody's was. :) Cool to look at I think!
I am 27 weeks pregnant with her.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Oh how sweet is that?? He is going to be a wonderful big brother...probably pretty protective! You look great by the way!

Anonymous said...

Oh baby Lusk looks beautiful. What great pics that can capture all the facial features. Can't wait to meet her. 85 more days.
Of course Brody looks so cute reading to Daisy Duck. And what a big boy to work for those M&M's. It will be nice if you don't have to have two in diapers.

the Pulleys said...

Love these...just beautiful!

amy said...

First off.... WAY TO GO BRODY!!! What a big boy! We cheered for you when we heard you pee peed in the potty. You keep reading to Daisy Duck because she needs to be prepared for little sister too.

That's my little niece?! Little Jo. She's already so cute. You are right about the nose. Very similar to Brody's. I can't wait to meet her soon. xoxo Glad you get to do that with your doctor. That's nice.

The Proctors said...

Yay Brody for going pee pee!!! That is a great start and he will catch on quick and be well on his way out of diapers! Emily, you will love that especially since you have a new one coming along! The ultrasound pictures are precious! I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy seems to be going!