26 weeks and counting.......

I am now 26 weeks along in my pregnancy with our little girl. I noticed on the pregnancy count down that I am now under 100 days!! It has been going really fast and yet at the same time I think about how long I still have to go. :) I am trying to enjoy my time with this pregnancy. I want to enjoy my lovely schedule that I have with Brody. :) We have a pretty set schedule during the day and I enjoy it and know that this little baby is going to shake things up a little around here. :) As I was getting ready for church today (as
Ja worked) I was thinking, how am I ever going to get out of the house on time with TWO kids, I can barley do it with one! I was blow drying my hair in his room, while reading him a book and holding all of his stuffed animals in my lap. Wow that about wore me out right there! :) I know that I am going to figure it out and in time things will become on a schedule again, however I am going to enjoy this time with Brody right now! :)

Brody has been very talkative lately. He has started saying I and me instead of referring to himself in 3rd person. The other day I was sitting on the floor playing with him and he said, "I am going to go get you a pillow mommy". He went and got me a pillow to put behind my back to lean on!! How cute is that! He is also telling us in words that he is becoming a big boy and has a mind of his own. I told him it was time to go and take his bath and he said, " No I am busy right now." :) You don't know whether to laugh or not when he says funny stuff like that. People ask me if he understands that he is going to be a big brother. I am not sure that he understands it completely and really how could he. We do go into the baby's room and talk about her and how he is going to be my big helper with her. We try to talk about her all the time so that it is not a shock to him when she comes home! :) Our prayer is that it will be an easy transition for him!!

Brody and I tried to take some pics together of how much he is growing and how much I am growing. :)
5 comments:
"I'm busy right now." LOL That's Brody, that's YOU! I can totally see him lovin' on Little Jo. As far as you getting out of the house with 2 kids... well... you always have been an early riser. ;) I am just impressed that you keep a good schedule with him! You will know what's comin' this time and pretty soon you will have it down. XOXO You still look like "A little olive on a toothpick" this time around. :)
Em..I just think you look so pretty and pregnancy does agree with you. :-)
As far as a schedule, it will take awhile but you will soon establish one and Brody will adjust to it. It will be a little hard getting out of the house with two but as Amy said you are an early riser so that will help.
I love listening to Brody. Pops said he can really carry on a converstation with you and you know what each one is saying. What a little guy! xoxoxo
Brody seems WAY more laid back than Mason and he had a very easy transition with his sister. I'm sure Brody will do just great!
I cracked up at your story of getting ready. That is so me right now with the exception of not reading a book, but bouncing a bouncy chair with my foot. You'll do just fine with two...a little sleep deprived, but fine!
Brody is so cute!! He will be the biggest helper to you...I just know it! You look great Emily!! Things will come to you with two! You will learn how it is and just do it!! You will be great! I can't believe that you have less than 20 days!
We have a little sister that we could let you borrow for a couple of days if you want. =) Brody would probably wouldn't want to little sister after a few hours with Lillie. I think you look great!! Thanks for sharing some of Brody's phrases...I love the things kids say and you forget them so quickly, it's good to write them down.
Post a Comment