Saturday, September 27, 2008

Baby # 2 is a ........




Wow! I still am in a state of shock! Before we went to the ultrasound Jason asked me if I would be disappointed if it was another boy. I have really been praying about this and asking that the Lord would open my heart to a boy or a girl, and I can honestly say that He did! I answered
Ja's question with an honest no, knowing that it would be great to have another boy like Brody and for Brody to have a brother! The whole time I have been pregnant I have really concentrated more on having a boy. We have looked at boy names (which we could not find one that we both agreed on) looked at boys clothes and thought about what I would do in another boys nursery. So you can guess my shock when the tech at the office said that he could not see anything (with Brody we saw it right away). I told him that I did not believe him and that I needed more proof than that if I was going to think pink!!! So he tried to move the baby so he could get a better look and sure enough he did! You can definitely see in our picture that it is a girl!!! So now I have had to change my thinking from Boy to Girl! As far as we could tell everything looked good, but my doctor will be able to tell me more when I go and see her next week. This is a picture of me at 19 weeks!

So anyone with a boy knows that shopping for boy's clothes is not as exciting as shopping for girls clothes. Cheaper, yes but all you really need for them are play shirts, colored shirts, pants, and jeans. So last night and today we have ventured into the world of girls clothes! Wow it is very different and much bigger than the boys side!!!! I must say that I got a little overwhelmed last night, you not only need a dress, but a sweater to go with the dress, then tights to go with the dress, then bow to match it, shoes that go with it, and that is all for only one outfit! :) However we did find some cute outfits for her and got some good deals! :)


10 comments:

amanda torres said...

Congratulations on your girl! I went through the same thing. I was absolutely convinced I would be a mother of all boys. When we were told I was preggo with a girl, I was in shock.

You are so right about girl clothes...it's a whole new EXPENSIVE world.

amy said...

YEAH! I am so excited about having a neice! She will be just as spoiled as Brody is. :) I liked how you did the video. Very cute. I pray that Brody and his little sister become great friends. Your outfits are so cute and fun! I love the dresses especially!! Have fun preparing for her. XOXO

Anonymous said...

I think little Miss Lusk the little sister of Mr. Brody Lusk is going to be dressing to the tee. What cute clothes and bows and of course love Daisy Duck. Dad laughed when you said tights because he was the one who usually had to dress you and Amy in them when you were babies. MEMORIES! How exciting! We will pray for a healthy little girl.
Love the way Brody said, "little sister".

Anonymous said...

YEA! WHAT A WONDERFUL THING FOR BRODY TO BE GETTING A LITTLE SISTER. FOR SOME REASON I AM NOT SUPRISED (ASK LINDA). JUST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, AND WE CAN HARDELY WAIT TO WELCOME LITTLE BABY GIRL LUSK. ITS GREAT TO BE GREAT GRANDPARENTS. MI MI

Holly said...

It looks like you found some cute clothes! I especially like the blue outfit with the pink pants! I'm sure little Miss Lusk will look very cute in anything she wears! Congrats!

Mrs. J said...

wahoo!!! we are so happy for you! I am excited for our girls to be so close together! I'm sure they will be great friends!

Beam Family said...

Yeah!! Girls are a whole other world. Brody will be a great big brother to his new, very well dressed, little sister.

Hannah Cooper said...

i love your mom's comments about the tights. i can just see you in your glasses and fro fro dress right now!!! - hannah

Jill said...

YAY!!! Amy told me today that you were having a little girl!!!! How exciting, we saw some very cute girl clothes at the Children's Place that were priced well! Brody will be such a good big brother!

The Proctors said...

That is so exciting!!! You will LOVE having a little girl!! The cute things you can buy for her and dress her end are endless!! Brody will be the best big brother!