Monday, September 15, 2008

Boy or Girl

Weather the baby is a boy or a girl we still don't know. My last doctor's visit was to early to tell and when we find out we want to know for sure if it is a boy or a girl. So we are going to have to wait a couple of weeks until we find out. So I am trying not to think about it and focus on other things so that it does not seem so far away!! :)

Since the weather is so nice outside we have been to the park several times and enjoyed being outside! Here is a picture of Brody and I at the park tonight. I am 17 1/2 weeks pregnant right now. I don't know if you can really tell from this pic that my tummy is getting bigger, but it is! :) I remember not really liking the awkward stage of being pregnant when I was pregnant with Brody. Where no one really knows if you are gaining some weight or pregnant and where none of your normal clothes fit, yet maternity clothes are still too big!! I really don't want to buy a lot of shirts that I will only get to where for a couple of months, but I guess that is the joy of being pregnant, you have a great excuse to go shopping because nothing fits!! :) I have also found that my maternity clothes from Brody are a little out of style now...... and it has only been 2 years since I have worn those!! The shirts are a lot longer these days and I am used to that now, when you put on a shorter shirt it just feels weird! :) So we will find out in a couple weeks whether we are going to be playing with dump trucks and tractors, or dolls and barbies with our next child. Whatever it is we can't wait to find out!!

I had a funny conversation with Brody today which really shows how much he is learning and thinking about. Last night he did not sleep very good and woke up with a bad dream. He was crying and would not tell us what was wrong so by process of elimination we figured out it was a bad dream. ( Fun to do at 2:30 in the am!!) Jason finally got him calmed down and back to sleep after distracting him with many different things. So this morning during breakfast this was our conversation...

Me: Brody did you have a bad dream last night?

Brody: yeah

Me: What was it about?

Brody: ice cream truck ( he does not really like them)

Me: was the ice cream truck in your dream?

Brody: yeah, ice cream truck goes Boo Brody!

Me: (trying not to laugh) next time you need to tell the ice cream truck to stop!

Brody: stop ice cream tuck! stop ice cream truck!

It was a very interesting conversation into the mind of an almost 2 year old!! We then talked about how he needs to tell mommy and daddy if he has a bad dream and let us pray that Jesus will take that bad dream away and make it stop!

I had to share this because I thought it was cute and something I want to remember!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame on that ice cream truck. We will just not support ice cream trucks any more. Poor little guy. And Em. I think you look very pretty in your pink shirt whether it be in style or out. (Not sure if this is a new one or not) but you do look pretty. :-)

jeblusk said...

mom- I am just wearing a t-shirt... I was talking about other shirts. :)

amy said...

Cracking up at the bad dream conversation! He is so smart. Let's blame it all on Marmee since she MADE him get an ice cream from the truck and scarred him for life! lol As far as your clothes, shop, shop, shop!!! :) Aren't you glad pants don't go out of style too. I agree with having longer shirts though. Can't wait to hear whether Brody's going to have a brother or sister. And looking forward to seeing you all on Friday!

Unknown said...

Awww...That story about Brody's dream is so cute. I can't wait to see you all and have a conversation with Brody. I just can't believe he is talking! Seems like yesterday he was just beginning to walk. We're excited with you all to find out if you're having a girl or boy! We'll see you all soon! :-)

Drew & Heather

the Pulleys said...

Ditto on the longer shirt part! Shorter shirts make you feel ridiculous & like you're going to show everything around the mid-section if you do dare put the old (shorter) ones back on. : )
Can't wait to hear the news! You look great Em w/ you tiny belly @ already 16 wks. along!