Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It is an outside day!

Trying to teach a 16 month old how to use a spoon is quite the task and a very big patience builder for me! He is doing better and will always grab the spoon and put it in his mouth it is getting the food on the spoon that is the problem. :) Every time he had some apple sauce on the spoon, when he would bring the spoon to his mouth the apple sauce would go flying either on the table, his bib, or the newly mopped floor. :-) I know he was having a lot of fun and was trying his hardest to scoop it out of the bowl. I am not sure how much actually got into his mouth. :-)

Today we went outside to play in the yard!!!!!!!! As I opened the back door I praised the Lord for what a beautiful day it is outside!! It is a great day to be outside and play! We spent some time sliding down our slide, and swinging on our swing set. (Funny because when we moved into this house I wanted to get rid of the "older" swing set that was in the yard...obviously I did not have kids yet and I am VERY glad we did not get rid of it!!!) We also painted the fence. We got out some paint brushes and started going to town getting the fence painted with water! It was kind of fun to see his reaction to this since he has never painted before. :-) The paint brush did not hold his interest very long though.... he found the water and started playing in it!! I think tomorrow's project is for him to learn what a weed looks like and to learn how to pull it!!! hahah j/k

This is a picture of him when I said it was time to go inside! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sure is an outside boy! Good idea on painting the fence. I guess if he is going to be pulling weeds soon the Easter Bunny needs to put some gardening gloves in his Easter Basket. HA He's so smart he'll catch on to that spoon thing by the end of the week. I love that boy! Like the new page too.

Anonymous said...

FOR SOME REASON YOUR WHOLE WEB SITE HAS CHANGED--WE CAN ON LONGER RECEIVE ANY PICTURES AT ALL. NEITHER PAST OR PRESENT. BOO HOO--we cAN'T SEE OUR BABY MI MI

Anonymous said...

What a great look to the blog. Love the look. Course the subject of the blog is the best. I think for his age he is doing very well with the spoon. Even some adults have trouble using the spoon on applesauce. :-)
I am so glad he likes being outside. The painting of the fence is a great idea. Soon you will have that boy working with pulling weeds and painting. You all are doing a great job with him. Love the way you are exposing him to new things every week. Great job!