Brody at 17 months.....
(the picture is of him feeding Teddy and Elmo his lunch....I know it looks very dark outside... it is raining)
Well I have not done a post about everything that Brody is doing now at the age of 17 months..... I want to try to blog about it so that I can remember it later when I get to that point in my scrapbook. And because some of the things he is doing now are so cute!!
1. He used to really love trains, and although he still loves them he has found a new love for tractors!! Every time we drive pass a tractor in the car he will spot it and say "tractor,tractor" out loud because he wants us to know that he saw one. He got some new tractors for Easter and he loves to play with them!!
2. He loves to sleep with 4 of his favorite stuffed animals! Um yeah..... I know that is a lot in his bed! I used to take them out when he would fall asleep. However he would wake up crying and saying the name of the animal that was not in his bed, once we would put it back in his bed he would go back to sleep. :) So they all sleep in there now! :) Sometimes I hear him in there "talking" to them .... it is very cute!
3. Elmo is his favorite thing right now! We started watching a little bit of Sesame Street in the morning when we are home and ever since then he has loved Elmo! He has a tickle me Elmo that he got for Christmas. He was not very interested in it at the time... but now we read to it, sit with it in the car, feed it ... yes I said feed it, and give it many hugs and kisses! One day I was trying to get him to eat dinner and I said ... Oh look Elmo likes it and started feeding it to Elmo, and ever since then he wants to feed it. :) Very cute!!
4. He is becoming a picky eater!! AHHH this is a big frustration for us as I am sure it is for a lot of parents! I cook a meal that I think he will just love and what does he do.... refuses to eat it! So what have I resorted to to get him to eat his food????? Ketchup! Yes that is right.. Ketchup! If you know me at all you know that I eat Ketchup on everything so it is always at our kitchen table when we eat. And Brody now enjoys it and most of the time Ketchup helps him eat whatever it is that he does not want to eat. :)
5. He is now sitting in time out when he gets in trouble! I saw my friend Julia do this with Jasmine and it really works.... I did not really even think about doing time out with him because I really thought he was to young for it. However I saw that it worked and Brody was at the point where he needed some kind of discipline. So we started it and although at first I had to hold him there..... he is now sitting on the "time out rug" and will face the wall until we come over and talk to him. I am really glad I started doing it.
6. He still loves to play hide and seek and loves for you to find him. That is one of my favorite things to do with him! He is also into climbing on things.
He is growing up way to fast and is becoming a little boy more and more each day. :)
2 comments:
What wonderful milestones to remember. I am sure he is not in time out very often since he is such a good boy. Hard to believe that a little person can learn so much in 17 months. So important that you both are his teachers right now. Good job!
Give him hugs and kisses for me.
Love the new post! When I was there I thought it was so cute that he must include those stuffed animals in his play and sleep time. Feeding them... HA how funny. Whatever works. I think it is hilarious that you are getting Brody to eat things with ketchup. Not surprising. Next... ranch(remember?) His vocabulary has grown so much and he is just perfect! I love and adore him. Hey.. are you using that tractor plate I made for him?
Post a Comment