Today I went and volunteered at Safe Harbor. It is a wonderful outreach that our church does. Every Tuesday they open there doors and let people come in that need food and clothing. While they are there they are presented the gospel. My friend Julia is in charge of this so when she told our community group that today they were going to be passing out Thanksgiving baskets and Turkeys, and that they needed help, I was there! It was a lot of fun and a good outreach that our church does. The people that received the baskets were very grateful and really appreciated the help.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great ministry this is for your church to the community. I am so glad that you were able to be a part of it. Makes you very thankful for what you have.
Neat Em. Glad you were able to help out. I like the fact that they are actually passing out the food in a basket, not sacks. Very practical little basket. :)
Post a Comment