Wednesday, November 14, 2007


I did not grow up with a brother, it was just me and my sister. So when Brody is interested in cars and balls the whole thing is new to me. How do boys know that those are the things they should be interested in? Right now Brody is very interested in cars and anything that has wheels. When we are driving he will point out the window and say "rom rom" when a big truck goes by. He will carry a car around all day and play with it. So when he saw this 4 wheeler at Bass Pro he had to look at it and check it out. :)
This week has been pretty uneventful. He has been getting his 15th tooth in so that has been hard on him, I think it is almost in so that is good!! He has so many teeth they are hard to count these days!
We are doing a program called Parents as Teachers. It is a wonderful program that most school systems have. We have a lady come out to our house once a month and play with Brody and show me new activities that I can be doing with him to help him develop the skills that he needs to develop. She also tests him to see if he is learning everything he should be learning. It is great because I get to see if I am doing things right and she tells me some things that I can do with him through out the day. She gave him his 12 month test this week, he is doing everything he should be and scored at the top of the charts! Yeah for Brody! He is such a smart little boy if I do say so myself! :)*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have that same question, Em. How do most boys know that they are to like cars and most girls know that they are to like dolls? Interesting!
And of course he is going to score high on assessments given to him. It is very effident that you both work with him and introduce him to new things. I mean look, he has already been introduced to a 4 wheeler and he is still teething.

Anonymous said...

Well you didn't tell me anything I already didn't know. My nephew is brilliant and has caring parents who work with him every day. I think it's great that you are having that lady come. It is already proving to be beneficial.
The 4 wheeler pictures are so neat!