Thursday, August 23, 2007

10 Months old!

Today is Brody's 10 month Birthday! So we decided to take him to a putting green (that Ja frequently visits) to let him crawl around and chase after his favorite thing..... a ball! If you know Brody at all you know that above anything else his favorite toy is a ball. It does not matter what size or if it makes noise when you shake it... if it is round and rolls he loves it! One day I was giving him blueberries for lunch (don't worry I was sitting right there and they were very small, so they would not choke him) ..... he picked one up and said baaaal. I would say that baaaal is Brody's first word. He picks a ball up and says baaal, he points to a ball and says baaal. We will have to get that on video because it is very cute! He will pick it up and throw it so that it will bounce and then go after it and do it again. When I am trying to get him interested in any other toy I have to hide all of the balls that we have so he will play with other toys. I guess he is all boy! :)


-What a difference a month makes! He is now able to stand up on his own with out having to pull up on something. After he does that he will take maybe one or two steps but then he will realize that he can get there by crawling. So we know it will not be much longer before he is off and walking everywhere.
-He can now give us kisses which just melt your heart!!!! If we ask him to give us a kiss he will turn his head give us this look like... ok mom but after I give you a kiss I am going to go play with my ball again. :) I think it is the cutest thing ever when he kisses you on the cheek!
-He has four top teeth and two bottom teeth and uses those teeth to eat anything! He is now eating basically the same food that we eat! I no longer cook for two... I cook for three! He may not look that big but he can put it away! He can eat a whole grilled turkey and cheese sandwich plus fruit! He is not the fastest eater in the world... sometimes we are eating lunch for an hour! But that is ok because he likes to feed himself... nothing wrong with a little independence. :)
-At this point he is not one bit interested in the TV. One day I decided to get out a baby Einstein video about sign language... did I really think that he was going to sit and watch it?!!? Brody!?!? Yeah right! That is fine by me, I do not want him to watch TV! I am sure that one day when he is a teenager I will have to tell him to get off the couch, go outside and play ball! :) If he is anything like he is now when he gets older, that day will never come. :) I am sure that this little guy will be very active and enjoy playing any and every sport, like his daddy. :)
We love you Brody Ja, we love that you are active and a ball full of energy!

"Ok mom I will sit here for just one second so you can take my picture... but will you please hurry!"

Ja... "ok son you hold it like this, and then you hit the ball into the hole"

Brody... "will you hurry and take my picture, don't you know that there are golf balls on the green and I would love to go and get one!"

Brody.... "I think I can, I think I can"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So when are you changing his name to tiger?

Anonymous said...

Well I really really enjoyed reading this post! You give good details Em, and it makes me feel like I am there. Great idea to take him to the golf course. Get him started early! :) With his love for balls you may be set for life if he goes pro... in any sport. He is already used to getting his picture taken so the press would be no big deal. HA His little outfit even looks like a golfer. I just can't wait to see him next weekend. He has just learned so many things since I saw him last. WOW!

Anonymous said...

10 months old today. Did you ever realize how much a little mind can absorb in such a short time?
What cute pictures of him on the golf course and already dressing the part. The new shoes are very cute. Good idea to take the pics. So cute. Can't wait for one of those hurried kisses. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oops... that last post was from Marmee.

The Proctors said...

He is just so cute and is ALL boy if he's into balls!! He will definitely be walking in no time!! I'm with you on not watching TV. Landon is still not interested in it and I'm perfectly fine with it!! They'll have plenty of time to watch cartoons later!