Today Brody and I went to see the Dr. Brody has been running a fever and since he was still on meds for his ear infection I figured we better take him to see the Doc to make sure the infection was going away. However when the Dr. looked in his ear he saw that it was still infected. :( Apparently it is a pretty bad one and he needed some stronger antibiotics to help clear it up. THEN he routinely checked his mouth and when he did he said hummmm .. well if you are at the Dr. and they say hummmm that is never a good thing! He said well I am sorry to say that Brody has HFAM. (Hands, foot and mouth .... it is a virus) I being a first time mom had never heard of that and was like.... ahh what? He explained to me that it is a common virus that children pick up from other children. (I am thinking... oh fun that is nice of them to SHARE!) He went on to say that it is one of those things that they will get immune to and most adults are immune to it. He said that he is going to be fussy... may not feel like eating much and may run a fever. Poor thing! So to make his ear infection go away he gave him a shot... so that he did not have to fight two things at once.
I have memories of my mom comforting us when we were sick. She would make us drink honey and lemon (mixed and warmed) if we were coughing ... it is my grandpas remedy and it works! She would hold our hair back and put a wet wash cloth on our neck when we were sick, bring us sprite to drink... with a straw of course... and love on us when we did not feel good. So now it is my turn. I am going to put my mom jeans on (J/K) and get in there and comfort my baby when he does not feel good!
The pic is of Brody today at the Doctors office.... looks good for having all that wrong with him!
4 comments:
Poor Brody...but he definitely looks happy at the doctor's office! I was just telling Amy that it seems like he smiles all the time and is just too cute when he does. I've heard that HFAM is very common...in fact, I know of two toddlers that had it just recently. No big deal...just give him some extra love and care which I'm sure you are already doing! We went through our time of ear infections...they are not fun! Hopefully Brody's will be gone and never come back!
Sam says, "Feel better Brody!"
I tell you, Brody smiles no matter how he feels, doesn't he? What a good baby to have those two things wrong with him and he still smiles at the dr.
By the way, Em. the jeans are a size 6 and I know you will wear them well. You are already doing so and doing a great job at it. It always doesn't get easier because so much a being a parent is on the job training. Looks like Brody is training you well. :-)Keep up the good work, all three of you. xoxoxo
Poor boy. Our friend's son, (like Begina said) had it. Sara didn't seem to act like it was horrible, but I could be wrong. I hope he is feeling better. He is fortunate to have a good mommy that loves him and takes great care of him even when sick. That is why he smiles so much. :)
Post a Comment