Saturday, January 30, 2010

Being creative!

When it was a little warmer outside I decided to take the kids to the park so that we could get out of our house for a little bit!! It ended up not being as warm as I thought and we were only able to stay for about 10 min. However in that 10 min they had a GREAT time! Sometimes all it takes is just 10 min. at the park to have a good time and as you will see later in this blog sometimes you have to be a little more creative! :)

One thing I noticed is that he is braver then he was in the fall when we would go to this park. He would climb up these stairs all by himself. I like that he can do this all by himself however it did scare me a little! Visions of when I was a child came rushing back. I was at school on the jungle gym and fell off of them all the way from the top! I was fine except I chipped my two front teeth and my dentist had to fill them in!!

This little girl had a blast swinging!

After the park the kids still wanted to be outside but we were sheltered from the wind in our garage. We took wagon rides in our garage and they loved it! :)


We put Brody's new scooter together that he got for his Birthday (thanks Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Brandy). He loved riding on it!

Kaylee is at the point now where she will walk anywhere as long as she is holding on to something and when she wants to! :) Here she went all the way from the living room to Brody's room by holding onto the wall. :) As soon as she makes her mind up that she can walk she will. :)

Brody and I decided to do a Science experiment with a marshmallow.
Our Thesis: How many things can you do with a marshmallow.
We melted one, froze one outside, stuck one in water and felt it, ate a lot, played catch with one, tried to make baskets with one, and had spoon races with one.
Our Conclusion: Turns out a lot!! Brody's favorite one we did of course was eating them!! :)

Brody and Ja went outside while the snow was falling and he got to feel some ice that was on our tree branches.
Wow mom look at this icicle!

6 comments:

amy said...

You ARE being very creative and fun! It's hard to think of things to do when it is cold, but you're doing a great job! Kaylee is smart to realize she can walk anywhere as long as she goes on the wall. It won't be long now. Spoon races send me back to those birthday party days in our garage. Brody seems to like discovering all of those new things!

Mrs. J said...

I always love stealing your ideas because they are so good- the marshmallow one sounds great! thank you!

Marmee and Pops said...

We just love those two kids!

Holly said...

It looks like Brody and Kaylee had a lot of fun even with the cold weather! It looks like Kaylee will be walking on her own very soon. I bet she can do it, she is just afraid to try it on her own right now. I think Lilly did the same thing. One of these days, Kaylee will decide she is ready!

Heather said...

I just love Brody's outfit in the first two pics with the stylin' hat!! He looks like a little man! They are growing up so quickly. I can't believe Kaylee is already going to be one year old very soon! I wish we could be there to celebrate her upcoming birthday. But, we're looking forward to seeing you all soon.

The Beams said...

I love the marshmallow idea-I'll be stealing that one, too!!