Thursday, January 07, 2010

Before Christmas-

Well it has been awhile since I have last blogged- it is so bad that I still have pictures of things we did before Christmas that I need to blog about. It has been very busy around our house and I decided to take a break from blogging, however I am back now and ready to update our blog with what we did before Christmas, and all the fun celebrations we had with our family's! This post I am just going to concentrate on what we did before Christmas. Brody was really into helping put up all of our Christmas decorations this year! He loved helping decide where things should go and help me put the ornaments on the tree.

This year was Brody's first Christmas program! I loved watching him up on the stage and was so proud of him for doing such a great job! He had to memorize a poem and sing two songs up there! He did great and could say the poem with the actions perfectly!
Marmee and Pops came to see him perform.
So did Aunt Brandy, cousin Traber, Grandma, and Grandpa.

Kaylee and I went up to party with him and his class for his Christmas Party.
Kaylee really wanted to eat some of Brody's food --- lucky for her, her big brother does not eat much and she got to share some of his yummy snacks with him! :)

We took a family outing to a church in town that puts on a great light show! It was fun for the kids to walk through the lights and see all the different things.
It was really cold outside so we were not able to stay long. Next year we are going to have to go earlier when it is a little warmer outside!! :)

Visiting Santa-
It looks like Brody is not enjoying sitting on Santa lap here and in the pic below- but don't let him fool you! This is all he could talk about for days and many times he has pretended to be Santa and will want Kaylee to sit on his lap and ask her what she wants for Christmas! :)
This picture is not the best but the one I got from Bass Pro is much better! If you have a bass pro by you it is a great places to take the kids to see Santa because it is free! Yes everything is free- even the picture they give you and they let you pull out your camera and take one of your own! Kaylee did exactly what we thought she would do- she took one look at him and started waving her arms and puckering up! :)

I don't know how I got such a great picture of him in front of our tree but I just love it! What a cute little guy!
I tried to get a good one of him and Kaylee in their Christmas outfits but she was not having any part of that and wanted to crawl over to me. This pic is funny because Brody is trying to hold her there! :)
Even though I really don't like how this turned out it was the best I could get. :)

Stay tuned for more Christmas Posts! :)

5 comments:

The Beams said...

Oh, the challenges of getting two young kiddos to take the picture the way you want it done... I have plenty of trouble just getting one to cooperate! Love the pic of Brody in front of the tree!

Jill said...

That makes me laugh that Brody pretends to be Santa and have Kaylee sit on his lap!!! Too funny!!

Marmee said...

So glad you are back on the blog! :-) Great pics of the kids and their Dec. activities. Can't wait for chapter 2 of "December with the Lusk family". (You did get some great shots)!

amy said...

YAY new photos! Brody by the tree is a keeper!!! Great shot. Both together by the tree is really cute, along with the story of him holding her back. LOL He looks so proud that everyone got to come see him perform. Love their Christmas outfits!

Anonymous said...

Great to see the Christmas pix of the kids! What a great smile Brody has in front of the tree - looks like he's just SO excited about Christmas! He has quite the imagination - love it! Santa pulling his sleigh is priceless! Your babies are growing up! :)