Wednesday, August 12, 2009

6 Months, Trains, Soccer, and Swimming!

Kaylee is now 6 months old!! Wow has it really been half of a year since she was born!!!?? She is growing up way too fast! We need both of our kids to just stop growing for a little while!!!! :) She is now sitting up on her own like a pro, and is really into playing with toys! Her favorite thing to do however is watch Brody play!! She is now getting to the point where she notices when we leave the room and does not like it one bit! Brody is funny- if we leave the room for a minute and she starts crying he will go over to her and tell her that it is ok he is right here!! :) He then always tries to distract her with a toy or by being silly!! Man that little boy watches our every move!! :) It is our prayer that they will always be able to play that good with each other!!! Kaylee is eating all kinds of baby food now and loves anything and everything that we give to her! :) She is working on using a sippy cup and is getting really good at it. One thing I have noticed is that she loves getting her picture taken!! :) We love you Kaylee Jo -

6 months

Brody and Kaylee got to go to one of Brody's favorite places with Daddy--- Bass Pro! Here they are riding the boat.

I can not tell you how many times in one day I hear the word "train". He is not really into playing with his trains anymore, he is now into making EVERYTHING else into a train!!!! In the picture above we were making a train from his blocks for all of his animals to ride on! Then if you look behind him - the house, step stool and tool bench was also pushed together to make a train! Today I fixed my hair on the pillow train that he made in the living room!! It is so fun to watch him use his imagination and pretend play!

Here he is after his last soccer practice! He did such a great job and can kick the ball really good.
We got to go swimming with my mom at a family friends pool! We had a blast and really liked putting those swimming lesson skills to good use!

Kaylee just had enough swimming and needed to take a nap in the shade!

Brother and Sister

He said a funny thing to me the other day-
Brody -"Mommy, water makes me sad."
Me - "Why does water make you sad Brody?"
Brody- "Because I like juice."
What a little ham!
Practicing his golf swing with daddy!

6 comments:

The Proctors said...

I can't believe Kaylee is 6 months. She is so adorable sitting up like a big girl! I love how Brody makes everything into a train. So fun. I'm jealous that Brody is playing soccer now. I want Landon to play soccer so bad, but we don't start until age 4!

Holly said...

Brody says the funniest things! Those two are growing up so fast. I can't believe it has been half a year since Kaylee was born!

amy said...

STOP THOSE KIDS FROM GETTING SO BIG! Kaylee seems to be doing so many new things lately. Last time I saw her she wasn't sitting up yet and just started cereal. That was just last month! Now look at her! So cute in her swim suite. I give you and Jason all the credit when it comes to Brody's imagination. Your constant talking to him about anything and everything makes a huge difference. When he starts preschool there will be tons of new toys to make trains out of. I hope there is a kid in his class that will ride on his pretend trains. Cute new picture at the top of the blog.

Jill said...

Look at Kaylee's thighs!!!! So cute! I love Brody's imagination, very impressive.

Marmee said...

You do such a great job capturing the little things that the kids do to help you remember as well as let you share. Golf, swimming, soccer, food, trains... SUMMER OF 2009. I agree with AMY on you all talking to the kids so much, helps them increase their vocabulary and enjoy experiences more.

Anonymous said...

Can't even believe how the kids are growing up so! It's been awhile since I've visited your blog. Can't be possible that Kaylee is 6 months old!! They are both so adorable!