Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A weekend with my family!

My sister, Eric, and our little nephew Drew came into town over the weekend. We had a great time hanging out and playing outside! My mom had some fun water games planed and some water guns for Brody to play with. Believe it or not this used to be my super soaker when I was little! Still works like a charm and he had a great time playing with it!

He also loved this water gun because it was a lot easier for him to shoot. :)

He had his first experience of playing with water balloons. I was not sure how he would like them, but he had a blast throwing them at everyone!!!

He loves trains but he also really likes tractors. :) I got to play around with my sisters and Eric's new camera!! I really liked how you could capture a cute pic so easily. He likes to sit on these tractors and pretend that he is driving them, however when you ask him if he wants to ride on it when it is going, he declines every time!

Kaylee has almost mastered sitting up on her own, however she needs about another month to perfect the skill. :) I think this stage is so funny, she will lift her head up when she is on her back because she wants to sit up but just has not figured out how to do it.
I found this cute little head band at a craft show this weekend, she is losing all of her hair and the new hair coming in is very light and fine. So I had to find something that I liked so that she could still wear her bows. :)
Any guesses on what the head band is really meant for???? It is a common thing that we use and some creative person made it into a head band!! :)

Practicing sitting up with Aunt Amy.
We took our family pictures while they were here and overall I think it was a very pleasant experience! All the kiddos did great and since our photographer is a mom she understood how to take pics of the kids! I can't wait to see how they turned out!

Marmee and Pops holding Drew while Brody is entertaining him. :)

Me with Drew. It is so fun to talk to babies when they smile at anything you say! He is smiling a lot now and it is so cute!! This was his first trip away from home and I think he did really good!!

We had a party with my Grandparents, Aunt Cindy, and our Uncle Ken (my dad's family). Here Kaylee is spending some time with Gammy. It is a lot of fun to see my kiddo's with my Grandparents. I am so glad that they get to spend time with them.

My Aunt Cindy getting some snuggle time with Kaylee. I think this is a cute pic of them! Glad we were able to see ya when you were in town Cindy!

Brody loved jumping off of my parents deck .... what a boy!! I know Brody is just counting the days until Drew gets older and can do this with him! :) We had a great weekend and I am so glad the weather was so nice where we could spend so much time outside!

5 comments:

Marmee said...

It was a perfect week-end filled with many activities. Only wish that Amy, Eric and Drew were a little closer so we could do it more often.
Great pics of the kids. Either Amy/Eric's camera captured some great pics or the photographer was right on target. :-)

Jill said...

YAY for family weekends! I'm sure it came at just the right time!! Kaylee's bow is too precious!

amy said...

Loved being there with you all on Drew's first trip away from home. He really enjoyed himself and was totally worn out! The water play day was lots of fun! At one point Brody told me that his water gun was the train's engine. LOL Kaylee's headband looks perfect on her! Everything does. She IS almost sitting up. She sure does want to. Glad we got to celebrate Jason's birthday and spend time with you all! XOXO

amanda torres said...

Family times are SO fun! Your kids are growing so fast and are as adorable as ever. Great to see Amy's new little man.

Anonymous said...

WE WERE ONLY GONE FOR 2 WEEKS AND MY GOODNESS HOW BUSY YOU ALL WERE AND HOW THE CHILDREN HAVE GROWN. CAN HARDELY WAIT TO SEE ALL OF YOU. MI MI