Thursday, May 28, 2009

This past week has been pretty uneventful! We have played outside a lot and seen a lot of our family. It has been nice to just take it easy for awhile and enjoy spending time as a family. Jason was gone a lot the past 7 weeks for work. He took a new job and had to do some training out of town. We are very excited about this job and believe that the Lord gave it to him at just the right time in our lives, however 7 weeks of training out of town did not sound so wonderful to us! :) If it had not been for our family offering their support, our wonderful friends who called me to see how I was doing and set up great play dates so that we could get out of the house, and to my sister who I would call during the day when I needed an adult to talk to, I don't think I would been able to make it!! :) A great BIG thanks goes out to each and everyone of you!!
Brody loves it when we put Kaylee in his bed with him before he takes a nap or goes to bed. I got this good picture of her holding on to Brody's Teddy ( his favorite stuffed animal). You better watch out bud, little sis has her eye on Teddy!! :)

Kaylee doing some tummy time while looking at her black and white cards. We are in a program called Parents as Teachers. It is a program that provides materials and information on what your child should be doing at certain stages in their lives. I have really enjoyed doing it with Brody and am glad that Kaylee will now be able to do it as well. My Parents as Teachers lady gave us these fun black and white cards for Kaylee to look at, saying that it is good for them to look at these. Because of the contrasting color they can see them better then other things. Kaylee has enjoyed them and it has helped give her something to focus on during tummy time. I really like how she made these cards and it would be easy for anyone to do. All you do is print off black and white pictures and put them on fill folders.

I thought this picture was cute and funny! Brody was offering Kaylee some toys and for awhile she was really into it. She would grab them from him and put them in her mouth. But towards the end I think she got a little tired of him sticking the toys in her face and shaking them. :) In this pic it looks like she is saying... "Ok mom I have had enough of this, please come help me." :) --- What a good big brother though!

Brody being a little ham for the camera!

We celebrated Memorial Day with Ja's parents and family. Brody got to play outside with his cousin Lilly. Here he is pushing her around in this car. He really liked pushing her and ridding in it! (Thanks Kristin and Michael for letting them play with this!)

What a cute pic!

8 comments:

The Beams said...

What sweet pictures! I love them all. I'm so glad you all have been able to spend some time as a family this week:)

Jules

Mrs. J said...

I thought in the 1st pic, Kaylee was on some furry blanket. That pic is a keeper! She is just so beautiful. love those eyes. Glad to see your pics because I haven't seen you all week and I'm feeling it! : )

Anonymous said...

MY GOODNESS KAYLEE IS GROWING SO FAST. WHAT CUTE CUTE PICTURES. MI MI

Holly said...

Kaylee looks very cute in that coral color in the first 2 pictures. Of course, she looks good in any color! I can't believe how big she is now. It is so much fun seeing Brody and Lilly play together. There are so many more fun times ahead!

Ryan Family said...

That program sounds intresting, we'll have to talk about it more on Sunday. Those pics are all so cute, spending time with family is so important!

Jill said...

Wow 7 weeks is a long time!! It looks like you guys did sneak some fun in...the pics are too cote!

amy said...

Gosh that girl is darling! Give her kisses for me!!! She is so photogenic. Aren't you so glad? :)I love using our black and white pictures for Drew too. Keep sharing those neat ideas from your parent's as teacher's lady. Brody is acting more and more older now. Being such a good big brother/cousin and helper. I pray that he and Kaylee enjoy playing with each other when she gets older. I LOVE being able to talk to you during the day! I am glad it helps you, but it really helps me too!!!

the Pulleys said...

Great pics~all of them! They are both so photogenic, wish I'm sure you love and appreciate! Kaylee looks just beautiful in that color as well!
So glad you're still enjoying the 'Parents As Teachers' program as well. We've been on the waiting list ever since Kennedy was real little.

Oh, and we're very happy that your hubby is home safe and sound now! Hope the new job is treating him just wonderful!