Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Our trip to the Zoo!

Today we decided to go to the Zoo! We had a lot of fun and enjoyed going in this beautiful weather! We were able to see a lot of animals and something else that Brody just loved!!! I bet you can guess what that is........
This was Kaylee's first time to go to the Zoo and yes she was awake for a lot of it. :) She did sleep on and off, but was able to see some of the animals. :) She is now 3 months old and still likes her stroller!! Praise the Lord! She is so much fun to play with and gives you a big smile every time you smile at her. She likes to watch Brody play and enjoys it when he talks to her. Just this morning Brody was telling her that we were going to go to the Zoo to see all the animals. He then told her that Noah was going to be there. :) This cracked me up!! We have been talking about Noah and reading the story of Noah's ark in his Bible. And when we told him we were going to the Zoo we talked about how Noah had two of every kind of animal that we were going to see at the Zoo in his ark. So of course in his mind why wouldn't Noah be there as well! :)

We ate a picnic lunch there...... You can tell that Kaylee is glad to be stretched out on her back enjoying the cool breeze!

So most people go to the Zoo to see the animals, most kids talk about their favorite animal that they saw, however when we asked Brody what his favorite animal was that we saw he said the train!!! Um son that is not an animal!!! You can imagine Brody's excitement when we saw the train! Here we are looking at it. :)

Kaylee and I riding the train.

Daddy and Brody on the train, the whole time we were on it, he was making his train sound, the boy loved it! :)
Here he is studying the train tracks...............
Yes to those of you that are wondering, we did see the animals as well and he liked looking at them, but he loved looking at the train! Thank you Lord for making all the animals and for making trains! :)

7 comments:

Heather said...

Ahh...that is so sweet that Brody thought Noah would be there. I'm sure he forgot all about looking for Noah after he saw the train was there. I love the picture of him studying the train. I can't believe how much Kaylee has grown--wow three months old already! We are looking forward to seeing you all very soon! :-)

The Proctors said...

What a fun day at the zoo! It's funny how all boys love trains so much! By the way, Kaylee looks absolutely adorable in her outfit with the matching hat! So cute!

The Beams said...

I can just hear Brody's train sounds in my head!! Haha. Looks like you all had a blast... Kaylee is getting so big! I love seeing her big, beautiful eyes!

Jules

amy said...

That cute girl looks like her mamma! (Wearing the same color and everything.) I am not surprised that Brody loved the train the most. I can hear his "Wooo, wooo!" now. How many times did you have to ride it? :) That's neat that you all got to go together and enjoy the zoo and each other. I want a nice picnic blanket like yours. Eric and I were cracking up at the picture of Ja's and Brody's faces.

Anonymous said...

The Tulsa Zoo is a great way to get out & walk and have fun with the family. When we first moved to Tulsa, we got a "Zoo Friends" membership and we went ALL THE TIME. The girls would want to go more than once a week! It was fun - we have good memories there! I wonder if that's why Lindsey loves the zoo so much! She volunteers there at least once a week now. Can't even believe how much Kaylee has grown! Brody is a little man now - very handsome. Love that great headband. Every girl needs an awesome headband to wear to the zoo! :)

Marmee said...

What a great outing for the fam. to get to go to the zoo. How fun was that and the fact that not only are there animals but also a TRAIN. Love the way that Miss Kaylee just looks right at that camera and smiles. What a girl! Em. you and Kaylee look so much alike. :-) Course Ja and Brody look so much alike also. Cute family!

Ryan Family said...

Little boys are so much fun aren't they?! I hope Johnny becomes a huge fan of trains. Maybe if he plays enough with your train loving son he will. These Zoo pictures are too cute. I'm glad Kaylee was awake for most of it. What a fun way to spend the day as a family!