Something very exciting has happened at our house!! Brody does not use his pacifier any more!! YEAH! It was one of our goals this month to get rid of it and if I had known it was going to be as easy as it was, I probably would of done it sooner! From the start we have only let Brody use it when he was in his bed or in the car. This helped keep him from walking around with it all the time. He was getting in the habit though of needing it to help clam him down when he either got hurt or was upset, and we did not really like this! So one day we noticed that his paci had a hole in it from him chewing on it and Jason went with Brody and threw it in the trash. Brody knew this was his only paci and said goodbye to it in the trash. After that he never asked for it again!! Can you believe it!! It was like he was saying... Ok I didn't really need that thing anyways. I thought this was going to be a long process that would result in many sleepless nights, so I was so surprised when he just went to sleep without it! Yeah for Brody!
Another fun thing that we did this month was take gym class. Brody loved doing this and it was a great way for him to get out some energy and be around kids his age. He loved jumping on the big trampoline and doing somersaults! It was fun to see him try new things and learn to follow directions from his teacher.
6 comments:
Gym class was the best. Brody did so well and I couldn't get over how he could do all of those things. He is already an active little boy so we all know this was perfect for him. Glad he and you all enjoyed it and thanks for letting me come watch! As far as the paci... WAY TO GO BRODY! (and Jason!) What a big boy.
Where is that class? It looks so fun! Congrats on the end of the pacifier - that is a big deal :)
I can't believe how easy it was for Brody to stop using his paci. I hope it is that easy for us with Lilly! That gym class looks fun, and Brody did so well. He is going to love sports just like his Daddy.
-Ryan, Holly & Lilly
I think Brody did a great job but I think Ja did even a better job knowing just the right time to "throw that thing away" and letting Brody see him. Way to go Ja.
Gym class... I love the pics and how good this class was for Brody? Good way to get those gross motor skills developed. What a month this has been!
I am totally amazed by how simple it was to lose the pacifier. And I'm totally jealous!! I'm definitely going to wait with Jocelyn and hope that she is as good as Brody about it.
He's quite the little tumbler- I'll be sad when the class is over!
- Jules
First of all...your blog looks super cute!!! I was so impressed when Amy told me about Brody no longer needing his pacifier...I hope we're that lucky!!! The gym class looks so much fun...I bet he'll like watching some of the Olympics!
Post a Comment