Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Our Little Lady-

This is a post entirely dedicated to our Kaylee Jo. It seems like a long time since I have talked about what she is doing and how much she is changing. While I love having a boy and even prayed for a son first I also wanted a little girl. Not just because the girl section at the stores is way bigger and so much more fun to shop in, but because of the relationship that I hope to have with her when she gets older. I hope that she will tell me when something that I am wearing is out of style or when I am wearing "mom" jeans. (Which apparently the kind of jeans I wear now are considered "mom" jeans--- ummm I am sorry I can not bring myself to wear the skinny jeans when I am not wearing boots! I have a friend that wears them and they look great on her- but it is going to take me awhile to feel comfortable in them with out boots on!!!) -- ANYWAYS--
It is my prayer that Kaylee and I will have a great relationship when she gets older.

Right now she is attached to my hip- or if I am not carrying her my leg. :) She is definetely going through a stage of always wanting me and not really anyone else. When I am not around such as when we drop her off somewhere she does great. No problem, but as soon as she sees me - she wants me and only me! I know this is only a stage and that one day she will not always be like this.

She always has so much fun playing with Brody! She loves him and whenever Brody is at preschool and I tell her it is time to go pick him up, she gets all excited and goes to the door! So cute!

It seems like just in this last month she has started talking more. She will repeat a few things and has started using them all the time. She can say, ball, mama, dada, bro, up, help, out, all done, bye bye, book, uh oh, snack, drink, eat, yes, dog, and knows her animal sounds.

She loves to "help" me get ready in the mornings! When I blow dry my hair and fix it she loves to sit in the sink and watch me/turn the light on and off/ play with my hair stuff on the counter. This is where I have her sit when I fix her hair. I was given this advice from a grandma who would always fix her granddaughters hair while her granddaughter was sitting in the sink looking at herself in the mirror. Let me tell you it is a great way to get them to sit still while you try to fix their hair! Kaylee will then "help" me put on my makeup by taking all my makeup out of the bag and then putting it all back in the bag. This is our normal morning routine. Hey whatever works right! :)


She has started having little tantrums! Yes she is almost 15 months old and she is already crying and having a little fit when she does not get her way! I chalk this up to watching big brother and learning this from him! :)* At first I did not recognize this and thought she was filling bad- however I soon caught on and gave a heavy sigh because now we have to start disciplining her! *sigh*

She loves to go outside and would stay out there all day if we let her! I really can't wait to take her swimming this summer because I think she is going to love it!

I love our little lady so much! She has changed our lives and every time I look at her I can't believe how big she is getting! *sigh*

3 comments:

Holly said...

Wow, Kaylee is growing up so fast! Seems like time is flying by faster with her than with Brody. I love that first picture of Kaylee. Her blue eyes really stand out in that pic. She is such a cutie!

amy said...

*Gasp* Emily!!! That first picture of her is WONDERFUL! That is making our fridge now. Out with the old one!!! I am so impressed with her talking. She's a fast learner. I hope you all have a close relationship too. And I'm with ya on the skinny jeans sista!

Marmee said...

What great pics of our little girl. She has grown so much since her birthday. I love watching her walk around and especially love the back of her neck when she is wearing pigtails. That is where the best sugar is you know? Interesting to see how really different boys are from girls as people have said all along. Brody and Kaylee are both special and I think you have some great kids. Lots of hugs and sugars to both of them.