Wednesday, April 21, 2010

How many questions does a 3 year old ask?

They ask about 100 - 150 every day! I know right! If you have had a 3 year old or have one now then you totally understand this. However if you have never had a 3 year old then you are probably thinking that can't be true, ummm I beg to differ it is totally true!! On one 15 min car ride to school these are some of the questions that can be asked by my 3 year old:

-Why are we going to school?
-Why do cows stand on 4 legs?
-Where did all the Dinosaurs come from?
-Where did all the Dinosaurs go?
-Why do the trash men ride on the back of the truck?
-But why mom?

These are just some of the questions that I get about things he is thinking about. Then there are the harder ones to answer like these-

-Why do we have to Die?
-Where do our bodies go when we go to heaven?
-Do we get our bodies back out of the ground when we come back?
-How does God live in our Hearts?
-Why are there clouds in the sky?
-Why are the clouds moving?

Ummm yeah! Try explaining those things to a 3 year old where he can understand them! It is not always easy. When a hard question comes up we try to explain it to him in a way he can understand, however that is not always easy.

One day when he is in an inquisitive mood I answered 30 questions in a row before I finally gave up and distracted him with something else! Many times if I am busy or if I have already answered lots of questions I will say "I don't know" and he will always come back with "Yes you do mom just tell me!" :) That is when I just have to laugh! He is just like a little sponge just soaking everything up!


I had to end this post with this cute little girl!

6 comments:

Marmee said...

WHEW!!! I bet you go to bed each night worn out from all the WHY questions. What a little talker he is. From dinosaurs to clouds is a very broad range of questions and answers. Cute! And speaking of cute... how cute is that pic. of Ms. Kaylee? What a doll!

Heather said...

WOW! Drew and I better start studying up now! :-)

Begina said...

Isn't it wonderful?? LOL! Sometimes I think...oh my goodness, when will it stop? But then, you have to realize that their little minds are soaking in so much at this age and you just want them to learn so much so you can't help but give them some type of answer. Your kids are so precious!!

Holly said...

Well, I guess Ryan and I better discuss how we are going to answer those tough questions so we will be ready! It is funny what goes through kid's heads. Cute pic. of Kaylee!

amy said...

This made me laugh the whole way through. He is always thinking! Next time it gets to question #15...tell him to ask his dad when he gets home. LOL How could you not include a picture of that gorgeous gal?!

The Beams said...

This post cracks me up... I know, I won't be laughing when it happens to me a year from now!