Thursday, April 15, 2010

Silver Dollar City

This past weekend we were able to go to Silver Dollar city with Ja's parents. Brody was so excited to go!! For weeks prior to this trip that is all he would talk about!! We had a great time there and could not of asked for better weather!!!
Here are some pictures of what we did while we were there.

The first thing Brody wanted to do when we got there was ride the Elephants with Grandpa! :) So that is where we went. He had a great time and then rode them again with Grandma!

Kaylee really watched the rides and we could tell that she really wanted to go ride them. However she was to young for this ride. :) I think this is a cute picture of her watching Brody and Grandpa getting on the ride.

Grandma and Grandpa braved the teacups to be able to ride them with Brody. What is it about this ride that kids love???

I don't know about you all but one of my favorite little treats that I never eat because they are so expensive is Dip n Dots. I am not sure why I like them so much but I just do. :) So when we were taking a break from the rides and we just happened to sit down in front of a Dip n Dots stand we decided to get the kids a treat and introduce them to some yummy ice cream. Little did I know that Jason had never had them either!!! Wow Mr Ice cream man had never tried them! :) The kids (and Ja) gobbled our little 4 dollar bowl of ice cream up!! You can see that Kaylee did not want to stop and take a picture she wanted to eat and was helping herself to some!! This was her first introduction to ice cream and I think she liked it!!!!! I should of given her ice cream at her Birthday party instead of cake she probably would of eaten it up!! She is a girl after her daddy's heart on that one! :)

We were so excited to see that Kaylee was able to ride her first ride there! She loved the frogs and did not want tot get off of them. It was so cute to hear her giggle every time they would go up and down. She did a great job on them!!

Brody of course loved them as well!! He got to ride his first roller coaster this time. And no it was not in the kid area. If you are familiar with SDC then he got to ride Fire In the Hole. It is a roller coaster that is in a dark building and has 3 drops to it while you go around this little town. He was very excited to do it however when we got off of it he said that he did not really like it. :) I think if it would not of been in the dark he would of liked it better. :)


Here we are riding the train. Growing up my family went here almost every year. My sister and I would always have the things we wanted to do however they did not have all the rides then that they do now... I think it has gotten a lot better! I am always thrilled that Brody still wants to do everything and has his favorite things he wants to do. I hope that him and Kaylee will always remember going here when they get older.


Brody and Grandpa waiting for the train to take off.

I know I have said this before but it still always AMAZES me that she will fall asleep in her stroller! I am so glad that she does not follow after her brothers footsteps in that area!! :) We were also glad that she did not fall asleep in our arms like the last time we were here! I don't think I could of carried her all around the park like we did last time!

This girl loves horses or really any animal for that matter. So when we saw this little rocking horse she just had to get on it!! This was one of her favorite things that she did besides the frogs and probably eating the ice cream. :)

Here we are at our Hotel climbing the stairs with Kaylee. She would of done this forever if we would of let her! She loves climbing stairs!

Grandma and Grandpa took Brody around the outlets and let him pick some rides to ride on. He had some money that he got to spend on the little rides and had to choose which ones he was going to ride. It made it more fun for him and taught him a lesson on money at the same time!

We had a great trip and can't wait to go back!!!

5 comments:

Marmee said...

It looks like you had so much fun in SDC. So glad that Kaylee got to ride her first ride while there. And what beautiful weather.

Heather said...

It looks like you all had a lot of fun! If Silver Dollar City saw your blog, I bet they would pay you all to advertise for them--I want to go there now!!!!

Maybe we can plan a trip with you all up there this year--that would be fun!

amy said...

The smiles on their faces says it all. I am so glad the weather was nice and that the kids got to do everything they wanted to. There aren't ever enough Dip-n-Dots in that bowl are there?
Love your hair!!!

The Beams said...

So glad you all had a fun time and that the weather was great!

Holly said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun in SDC! Lilly wanted to ride the teacups last time, but she was too little. Maybe next time we all go together, Lilly, Brody and Kaylee can ride it together with some adults. I have also never tried dip-n-dots. That's funny that Kaylee likes ice cream so much. Lilly is just now starting to like it. I think the cold is what she doesn't like. I can't believe Brody rode a roller coaster! I was scared to ride that one when I was around 12 years old!