For Valentines Day this year I decided to make Heart Crayons with Brody. This was a fun project for us to do together and something fun other than candy for him to give his friends at school. I think they turned out really cool and will be doing this again!!
First you have to peal lots and lots of crayons. This is probably the hardest part of it all. Brody helped me with some but got bored with it quickly so I finished the rest while watching Idol. Here is a tip- if you buy the Big crayons then you will not have to unwrap that many small ones. :) However I found that you do need some small crayons because they offer some fun colors which make it look pretty when it is all done.
Next you buy a silicone (that part is VERY important) heart shaped pan. Since it is flimsy it is much easier to get the crayon out when it has cooled down!! Then you break up some different color of crayons and have fun combining different colors. Brody liked breaking the crayons and putting them in the pan.
Next you put them in your oven and melt them. When they are all melted you take them out of the oven and let them cool down. I put mine in the fridge to get them to cool down faster. If you take them out before they are all the way cooled down your heart will break and not really turn out good.
Then when it is all cool you peel them out of the pan and look at how cool they turned out!! Brody thought this was really fun and it is fun for them to color with because there are many different colors all in one crayon.
Here he is showing off his work!
He then took them to his Valentines Day Party at school and was so proud of them as he handed them out to all of his friends. :)
Kaylee and I went up to his class party and had a fun time icing cookies with him and watching him hand out his Valentine cards/crayons to all his friends. He always loves it when Kaylee and I are going to be there!!
This little lady was so good while we were there! I was smart this time and took her snack trap for her to eat a snack while Brody and his friends were eating a snack. Last time we had to steal food off of his plate. :)
Hope everyone had a great Valentines Day!!
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOOOOOOOOOVE this idea!!
What a great idea! Much better than the old crayon melt machines we use to have. And so much more useful than candy. Very clever!
You creative mom you! Great idea for Valentines!!! Just a great idea for a project around the house, then for the fun coloring it brings. I can see why Brody would be proud of them. Kaylee looks so cute all "Valentiney".
I think you and Amy had better go a TV show going. You are both so creative and smart. Loved the Hearts. Mi Mi
Post a Comment