Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Kaylee!!

We celebrated Kaylee's Birthday again on her actual Birthday. Growing up and still to this day Birthdays are a big deal in our family. We always got to choose what we wanted to have for dinner on our special day and what kind of dessert we wanted. It was and still is fun to celebrate your Birthday on your Birthday! So we celebrated Kaylee's big day by going to Hideaway pizza (one of Kaylee's and Brody's favorite things!!) with my parents. This girl can put away a whole piece of pizza, oranges, and some cheerios all in one sitting! :) Then we went back to our house for another try at the cake and Kaylee's presents from us.

Kaylee got this great table from my parents! We love it and know that there will be many tea parties held at this table!! :)

Her first car!! I had been wanting one of these for the kids for awhile and when I found one at a consignment sale I just had to get it for this little girls Birthday! I think both of the kids are going to love it this spring and summer!! :)

Since she loves her baby dolls we just had to get her a cradel for them to sleep in and a new baby doll. :)

The face just says it all!!
Kaylee- "Umm why are they making me try this again I thought I let them know I did not like it."

Kaylee- "Oh are you serious!"
Kaylee- "I still don't want it!"

Kaylee- "Just give me my baby doll and paci and let it go!"
We thought it was funny that she still did not want to try the cake. Oh well no loss eat your veggies and fruit as long as you want girl!! :)

Every time we go to the mall and pass by the carousal both kids just love looking at it and want to ride it. So we thought it would be a fun treat for Kaylee's birthday to take them to ride on it. They had fun and enjoyed the experience!

Ja and Brody
Even though she does not look like she is having a good time she did! She was taking it all in during the ride and loved looking at everything as it went by.

At one year old or 12 months- Kaylee is now talking a lot more and saying more and more words that we can understand. During her birthday celebration she learned how to say balloon and was fascinated with them! She says dada, bro (for Brody), duck, horse, bye bye, doll, moo, dog, and she finally said mama! She is now doing a lot of signs such as, more, night night, all done, eat, mama, bye bye, clean up, and change. I am teaching her help, work, and school. She will let us know what she wants by pointing to it. When she was sick she did not want to do much walking. All she really wanted to do was be held. Now that she is feeling better she is much more active and interested in walking and playing. It is nice to have our Kaylee back!! She is learning more and more each day we are so excited to see all that she is going to learn in the next year! We love you little Birthday girl!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--two parties, what fun. I think the birthday cake is going to have to wait for a year. She even looks darling when she is crying. Mi Mi

The Beams said...

She looks so cute in her birthday outfit-love those tights! I'm sure she'll figure out how yummy cake is by next year!

Marmee said...

What a fun birthday even though Ms. Kaylee did not like the cake. A girl must watch her figure and cake just goes right to the waist. She is just thinking ahead. And as Mimi said, "she even looks cute crying". Love her first car! Glad she is feeling better. xoxoxoxo

amy said...

What a way to spend your BIG DAY!! She is going to have so much fun playing with all of her new presents. Can I make an appointment for tea soon? So funny that she didn't want the cake. Are you sure she is your child? LOL Loved reading about all she is saying! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLIE! Love you!

Mrs. J said...

I can't believe she didn't want to eat her birthday cake! that's hilarious! what a cutie she always is and I'm so glad you were able to celebrate on her bday too!