Tuesday, December 01, 2009

A couple busy weeks!

Before Thanksgiving my sister, Eric, and Drew came in town to visit. My sister and I went to a fun Christmas Party at my church- it was nice to be able to get out for awhile and spend some time together just the two of us... well and everyone else at my church! :)

I was able to watch Drew while my sister and Eric went to look at a furniture shop in town. It was fun to be able to spend some one on one time with him since both my kiddos were asleep. We played, ate and I got him down for a nap. :)


Here are all the kiddos playing at my parents house. This is a really cool toy that all three of them liked playing with.

Kaylee had a good time on "Trigger" my dad's old rocking horse.

Before they left both of the little ones were getting a little tired and fussy. So I bounced them on the ball and they both enjoyed it. :)

Brody was on the floor showing Drew how to play with this toy. I think it is cute that they are playing together. We hope and pray that they will be good friends one day! We had a great time with them while they were here! It was fun watching all the kids play together!
___________________________Thanksgiving________________________

We spent the Thanksgiving Holiday with Jason's family. Before Thanksgiving Jason's Dad had to have surgery to remove a tumor and ulcer they found. So during the surgery Drew and I (Heather's husband) watched the kids. Here Lilly and Kaylee are having a really good time looking at some books. It was a lot of fun being able to spend some time with Lilly and Luke ( one of our new nephews). I think Lilly and Kaylee had a good time playing together, they would follow each other around and play with whatever the other one was playing with. :)
Jason's dad's surgery went good and although the Tumor is cancerous they got it all out and he is recovering at home. They are going to meet with Doctors to see what happens next so please keep them in your prayers!

Here we are trying to get a pick of the babies (Luke and Traber). I think this picture is funny because Kaylee really wanted to go and touch one of them!!

Brody and Lilly had a blast playing together in Grandma and Grandpa's tent!

Here Lilly and I are coloring one night before bed.
Here are Jason and I holding the babies. I am holding Traber (Jeremy and Brandy's son) and Jason is holding Luke (Heather and Drew's son). It was our first time meeting Luke and we loved being able to spend a lot of time with him while they were here. One night Jason and I watched him while Heather and Drew went out and about for a little while. It was fun being able to do that since they live far away.

This picture is funny because Kaylee is looking at the adds for black Friday. It is a tradition in Jason's family to check out the adds on Thanksgiving and see if there is anything worth getting up before the sun comes up for. Kaylee seemed like joining in on the fun. I am sure it was heartbreaking to her when I told her we were not going shopping at 4:00 in the morning! :) One day little lady........

I think this is a cute pic! No they are not twins, Luke (right) is only a couple weeks older the Traber. I am sure there will be lots of fun times ahead with them being so close in age. :)
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our family and are so glad we got to spend it with all of you!

3 comments:

amy said...

Great post, getting all of that in there. :) We loved being with you all and I know Drew enjoyed spending some one on one time with his fun Aunt Emily. It was a nice visit. Your Thanksgiving looked fun with all of the kiddos. Aren't you so glad Brody and Kaylee have cousins that are close in age?!

amy said...

Also, I can't believe how much Traber and Luke look alike! So cute.

Marmee said...

Yea a new post! Not that you haven't been busy or anything. :-)
Great pics of all the kids and Amy is right.. Luke and Traber do look alike. Love the one pic. of Kaylee getting ready for Black Friday. And you are right.. one day she will be out among all the shoppers on that great shopping day known as Black Friday.