Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Blogging by Jason

Well, I only make a blog post about once a year so I thought that I would do my 1 post before the year is up. I had the privilege of hanging out with Brody and Kaylee this weekend alot by myself. Emily was working at our church all weekend so I got to spend some quality time with the kiddos. It was alot of fun and I came away from this weekend having learned alot so I thought that I would share them with you. First off, I learned how hard it is to get everything ready to get out the door to go somewhere. Now, I am the one who hates being late and always likes to have everything ready to go the night before. I am used to getting things ready when Emily is here and letting her know the countdown of when we need to leave, but having to do this alone was a whole different story. The things my wife does to get everything ready each and every day I think I kind of take for granted such as:

The dreaded diaper bag- huge diaper bag that I usually complain about being too big and too many things in there happened to not be big enough for me this weekend.

Fixing Brody's hair. Somehow I can't seem to make it look as good as the way mom does it and Brody let me know that this weekend. He said to me in the car "Daddy, I like it when Mommy fixes my hair cause you don't fix it right".

Fixing Kaylee's hair. Not only do you have to fix a girl's hair, you have to put a bow in it and somehow keep the hair fixed as you slide a bow on. Then 15 seconds later she pulls the bow out and smiles at you

Getting lunch or dinner ready- OK, so I we came home from Church on sunday and Me and the kids sat down to eat Lunch in which Emily had already prepared for us that morning. All I had to do was put some rolls in the oven. Emily made it so easy for me and I really appreciate it. I say all this to say Thanks Emily for doing everything you do!! You really take care of all us kids and we love you for it!

This past weekend was a blast and I really enjoyed it. I know that Brody and Kaylee had fun. I have posted a few pics from the weekend. Enjoy!!

This picture is of Brody being his silly self. I was trying to put Kaylee down for a nap and he found all her bows and sunglasses and was playing with them. When I came out of Kaylee's room this is the way he looked. :)

Kaylee dressing up like a reindeer:)

Brody acting like a reindeer pulling Santa's sleigh


Brody and Kaylee on the sleigh together. It is fun to watch Kaylee cause she follows Brody everywhere he goes.

Thanks for the great weekend!

6 comments:

Holly said...

That's pretty funny what Brody said about you fixing his hair! It looks like you had a lot of fun with the kids and they seemed to have a lot of fun too! They had some special time with Daddy!

The Beams said...

Love this post, Jason! Seems like you all had a fun time together! That story about Brody's hair is too funny:)

amy said...

You are such a good dad Jason. I bet if the kids could blog they would be writing about how much fun they had with YOU! Pulling Santa's sleigh... that's creative and so cute! I can just imagine how proud Brody was of himself after putting on Kaylee's accessories. You are good to notice that being a stay at home mom is a job. I know that Em wouldn't change that for anything. Looking forward to Christmas!

Marmee said...

I love your annual blog! Emily has to be feeling good because of the recognition you gave her. Getting yourself ready is hard enough much less 2 kids, a diaper bag and meals.
Great pics of the kids. Love the sleigh and the accessories on both of the kids. It is always good to put those final touches on when heading out on Santa's sleigh. What a fun time and just think of the memories you have created. What a good daddy. :-)

amanda torres said...

I'm pretty sure you just wond some MAJOR brownie points for acknowledging how hard it is to have everything ready to go.

Heather said...

I love the blog post Jason!! It's funny to hear a daddy's perspective. I, too, know now how difficult it can be to get out the door since we are new parents--I guess I thought it would be easier than it is. Brody says the funniest things--I love his comment about you fixing his hair!! See you all soon!