Sunday, June 28, 2009

What we have been up to.......

I was able to watch Jasmine and Jocelyn for a few hours while their mama went to the doctor. It was a lot of fun and interesting to see the difference between the ages and between boys and girls! Jocelyn did not really like it when her mama left, however she was very easily distracted with this dinosaur toy! I have always been a big fan of this toy and recommend it to anyone who has a baby! Kaylee even loves watching the balls come out of the different holes while doing tummy time.

Since Jocelyn is crawling I had to make sure all of Brody's toys that are choking hazards were off of the floor and out of reach! I was sure that with four kiddos to watch I would not be able to have my eyes on her the whole time to make sure nothing went into her mouth that would cause her to choke! I also had to pull out some toys that were girl friendly!!! As we all know Brody loves trains and will play with them all day long, however Jasmine is not that into them. :) She loves dogs and talked to Brody and I about their new doggie they are getting for her Birthday. So we had fun stringing shoestrings through the holes, putting pegs in the pegboards and building tall towers with big Lego's. (Sorry Jasmine and Jocelyn you will have to come over when Kaylee is a little older and we will have some girl toys!) :)

Brody was really funny while they were here. He of course wanted them to get on his train! Jasmine would just give this look that every girl gives boys, like you are an odd duck! :) In return Brody did not understand why she did not want to get on his pretend train and go to the north pole with him! Now that they are starting to interact with each other it is funny to watch the differences between them. Thanks Jasmine and Jocelyn for coming over and playing with us!


I really like this picture! It says a lot about what our life is like right now. Jason is talking to Kaylee and Brody is on his back the whole time! Brody does not really mind it when I give Kaylee attention, however when Ja does he likes to be their the whole time. I don't think it really bothers him, but he wants to make sure that Ja does not get too distracted with Kaylee and not play with him. :)

I have to give props to my husband for the wonderful and creative way he got Brody to finally poop in the potty! I will spare you the details but we finally have a fully potty trained little boy!! Yeah!


Our trip to Branson-
We decided to go to Branson again and enjoy the nice hot weather outside while sipping on some frozen lemonade and riding on the train! :) Here Brody is riding on a toy train they had there. Of course he loved it!

This little boy is scared of nothing! He went on every roller coaster and loved them all! It did not matter that it was burning up outside, he was having a blast!

Here Kaylee and I are on the train. She liked being able to stand and we thought she was going to enjoy the ride until the loud train whistle blew! She did not like that and I think everyone on the train new that she did not like it! :) Luckily I had a blanket that I covered her ears with so that it would not be as loud to her when it went off again. You would think that she would be used to loud train whistles by now!! :) Maybe she was just hot, tired and thinking why do these loud train whistles follow me around wherever I go! I can't get away from them and I have had enough!!!!! :)
Luckily Silver Dollar City is a family friendly park and had a lot of different places we could go to cool her down.
Here Brody is swimming with Ja in the pool at our hotel. He had a great time!

I think this family picture is really funny! Both Ja and I are looking at the camera while Brody and Kaylee are being distracted by something to the side. :) The look on Brody's face cracks me up!
We had a great time while we were there and enjoyed getting away for awhile as a family.

5 comments:

Marmee said...

What a busy week you have had between watching the girls and going to Branson. Looks like Brody had a great time despite the heat. Maybe next time you go it will be a little cooler. Gotta love Kaylee's facial expression while she was on the train. "Like Ok, I am hot and I don't want to hear another train whistle for awhile. :-) Glad you could get away for some family time.

The Beams said...

Wow, Kaylee has changed so much already!! I'm so glad you all had fun in Branson!

Julie

The Proctors said...

I can't believe how big Kaylee is getting! She is so adorable! Brody is looking like a big boy, too! Yay for being fully potty trained! We had the hardest time with getting Landon to poop on the potty too.

amy said...

First off...HORRAY BRODY! So glad he is fully potty trained. For his sake and yours. Jason, you need to write a book on ideas for getting rid of pacis and poopin' in the potty. :) Looks like you enjoyed your time in SDC. One day soon Kaylee will be riding those rides and making you buy her one of those painted personalized umbrellas to carry around. lol That picture of Jason with the kids needs to be hanging in your hallway! CUTE! Can't wait to see you all.

Anonymous said...

MY GOODNESS HOW KAYLEE IS GROWING. CAN"T WAIT TO SEE HER AND ALSO HEAR THE STORY ABOUT THE POTTY TRAINING. YEA BRODY, YOU ARE SUCH A BIG BIG BOY. HAVE A HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY. LOVE YOU, MI MI AND MI CAW.