Sunday, June 14, 2009

Outside fun, being sick, and 4 months old!

Brody is growing up so fast! Last year we could not get him to touch shaving cream with out crying about it, and this year he was fine being covered in it! He had a good time playing with it at my parents house and enjoyed making train tracks in it!!! :) Today after church he and I were eating lunch (Ja was at work) and we were talking about his Sunday School class. He was telling me about all the little kids in there and told me some things that they were doing. He told me that no one would get on his train (can't you just see him asking all the little kids if they want to get on his train!) He also was telling me about a little girl that had to sit in time out because they hit someone. It is so much fun being able to talk to him about what he has done and listen to the things he says.

We got the Jumperoo out for Kaylee to play in and she loves it!

I think this picture is funny! Brody is in the "train" watching Kaylee play in her Jumperoo. He always enjoys pretending that this bottom shelf is a train..... what an imagination.

The weather here has been hot, hot, hot! We have enjoyed getting in our little pool! Kaylee is just sitting back enjoying watching her big brother play in the water. Brody is wanting her to come on in and join in on the fun in the pool. :)

Kaylee is saying.... "I think I would rather work on my tan". :) (don't worry she was in the shade the whole time!!!!)

He loved going down the slide and taking all of his toys down with him! He even would go down the slide on his tummy! Yes he even has water trains to play with!! He loves playing with them in the tub and in the pool. When I put Kaylee in the tub to give her a bath he tells me that his trains are in there if she wants to play with them. So sweet! I hope he always wants to share his toys with her!! We will see about that.......

I was trying really hard to get Brody to look up at the camera, he was having way to much fun playing to stop and look up at me!

Brody was sick on night and had had a fever the whole day, so Ja had a fun idea to build a tent and watch a movie! He loved it and enjoyed watching a movie since he did not feel very good. I see us building many more tents in the future!! Hopefully he won't be sick though! Luckily it was just a one day deal and he was back to his normal self the next day!
Kaylee is now 4 months old! She is so much fun and we enjoy watching her learn new things every day! She has started laughing and it is so funny to watch Ja, me, and even Brody try to do silly things to make her laugh. :) She is losing a lot of her hair and new blonde hair is coming in. Brody's hair did the same thing so I am not really surprised.

I wanted to get a pic of her smiling so of course I had to try again when she was wearing a different outfit! :) Girls clothes are just so much fun! I am really enjoying dressing her now because I know that one day she will want to pick out her own clothes!!! :)

9 comments:

The Beams said...

I LOVE that dress!! She is such a cutie. And, I love hearing all those funny stories about Brody!

Julie

Holly said...

Brody's conversations are so funny! I can't wait until Lilly is having conversations with us. I can't believe Kaylee is already 4 months old! She's so cute in her polka dot dress!

the Pulleys said...

4 months already! Ahhhhh! That navy dress is my favorite ~ SO sweet! Of course, she looks beautiful in anything!

Oh...and I agree w/ your thoughts on the sharing toys subject. We can always hope and pray that they'll still play this well and be this sweet to each other in the coming months and yrs., right?! : )

jeblusk said...

The polka dot dress is a Gymboree dress that I found at the JBF sale for only 5 dollars!!! :)
-Emily

Jill said...

Brody Ja is too cute! I think he loves his trains as much as much as Eli loves baseballs. Kaylee dress is adorable and I think she looks a lot like him in the last picture! Too cute!

Ryan Family said...

I love all the stories. Hearing about Brody gets me excited about Johnny getting a little older though I can wait. I am enjoying the almost crawling stage! Kaylee is such a sweet little girl. She is going to be so much fun. I'm glad that Brody is so good with her. I hope Johnny is that way with our next!

Mrs. J said...

I love that navy polka dot dress! I cant' believe how much she is changing. She is absolutely gorgeous. I just love watching them both grow. Much love!

Marmee said...

First off what is wrong with those girls at church not wanting to get on Brody's train? How could you resist such a handsome boy like that?
Second, Kaylee just is styling in all these pics. Love your great deal on the polka dot dress and her swim suit is to die for!!!
Third, Jason appears to make great tents. How could that not get a little boy feeling better with a tent like that?
Last, love the way you are documentating what they are doing, playing with and saying. Good job!

Anonymous said...

You're making such great memories! How fun for the kids to look back and see themselves and remember the stories you've told here. Our girls loved their tent, which often stayed up for days on end at the Foley house! A great way to change the scenery and give them a new space to play! It fosters the imagination! I love Brody's train stories - so cute. Kaylee is really growing up - she's beautiful!