Friday, October 24, 2008

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY BRODY!!!
Yesterday Ja and I celebrated Brody's 2nd Birthday with him! Hard to believe that he is 2 years old already! When people say that they grow up so fast, it is really true! We had a great day and I really think he enjoyed himself all day long! When he woke up he had his favorite breakfast of yogurt and homemade cinnamon toast! Then we got ready and went to go do some of his favorite things!
We went to Mardels where they have a big train track for little kids to play with. He LOVED this since it is much bigger then the one we have at home. He could of played with it all day, but it was getting crowded by other little boys who wanted to play as well! :) (I definitely think this will be a great winter activity for us to do)!

Then we got the hook up at Chick fil A during lunch. Ja knows a lot of the managers there since it is right across the street from his work. So when they found out it was Brody's birthday they made a big deal about it! :) He had a blast and loved all the attention! He then when to Nana and Papa's shop while Ja and I headed to the Doctor. (more about that at the bottom) He had a blast playing in his "play house" that Papa made for him out of boxes!

Marmee and Pop's then came over to celebrate his birthday at night. It was funny while we were singing Happy Birthday to him, he kept putting his fingers in the icing and licking them!! :)

" Hurry Dad I want to play with that!"
Marmee reading Brody a scratch and sniff book that they got him. He loves these!!

Reading another new book with Pops.

Here he is drilling some holes in his new tool bench. :) Funny that he knew right what to do with it since he has seen Ja use his drill before. :)

Riding on his new tricycle! This is going to be a lot of fun for him and keep us outside for endless hours I am sure! :)
It was a great day of celebration and we are so thankful that Brody is in our lives to bring us all the joy that he does! :) Happy 2nd Birthday Brody!

News about our little girl---
We went to the specialist yesterday and he told us some very good news! The bubble in her brain is gone and as far as he can tell she does not have any chromosome problems. (which is what they look for when they see the bubble). He was able to answer our questions and tell us that some babies have these and they don't cause any problems and that is what he thinks happened in our case! We are so thankful and know that God has had His hand in this the whole time. We are continually praying for her health and a healthy pregnancy! I am now 23 weeks and as you can see in the picture above am looking like I am pregnant now. :) I am definitely bigger at this point then I was with Brody, but I am thankful that she is growing and I will get as big as I need to for her! So keep growing Baby girl, we can't wait to celebrate your birthday as well!!

7 comments:

amy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRODY JA! We can't believe you are two. You surprise us with the new things you can say and do every time we see you. We are so proud to be your aunt and uncle. It looks like you got some fun presents. We can't wait for you to come next week so we can help you celebrate more! :)
We keep thanking God that he is taking care of "Little Jo". We wil continue to pray that she is a healthy baby. You look great Em!

Beam Family said...

Happy Birthday Brody!! He is looking so grown up and handsome.

Thanks for the update on the baby, I'm glad to hear that she is doing well. I can't wait to see her!!!

Jill said...

I can't believe Brody is already two!!! What a big boy and it looks like he had a wonderful birthday!!! I'm so thankful that your sweet baby girl is doing so well too...we've been showering her with our prayers! What a great day!!!

hamiltonfamilyblog.net said...

Brody is such a cutie!! It looks like he had lots of fun on his birthday! Emily - you make such a cute pregnant girl! :) Praise the Lord for the good news about your little lady!

Anonymous said...

I never knew that buying birthday toys for a 2yr. old could be such fun. I almost started flapping when going down the toy aisle and seeing all the vehicles, dinosaurs, riding toys and battery after battery operated toys. It's nice to have Brody in our lives and he is such a blessing.
We are also so thrilled that "Little Jo" is doing well in the oven and we know that God has her written on the palm of his hand and that she will be wonderfully made.

the Pulleys said...

Hooray! We're so excited a/b the wonderful news guys! We'll continue to lift her (and you) up for the remainder of the pregnancy, however.
What a fun birthday it looks like he had! Can't believe he's 2 and we're headed in that direction as well. Gosh how fast it passes!
Your belly is just beautiful as I knew it would be! Take care of yourself!

xoxo

The Proctors said...

Happy Birthday Brody!! What a fun day for him!! So hard to believe that he is two! Also...what a wonderful day for you and Jason! God is so good!! That is wonderful news that the bubble went away! We will continue to keep you and the baby in our prayers! Your pregnancy is flying by!