Wednesday, March 31, 2010

We are back!!!!!

Well it has been a long time since I have posted anything and I am glad to tell you that our computer is back up and running! We want to thank Michael and Eric for helping us fix it!!! I feel that I am connected to the world now!!!

We have been doing many different things and had a blast staying busy during spring break. Below is a very long post of some of the things we have been doing since I last made a post. :)

I have been playing with my new camera and while I still have a TON to learn I love how it snaps pictures so quickly!! It sure does make things a lot eaiser when taking picutes of a 13 month old and a three year old. :) Brody is wearing his train conductors hat here.

I declared it crazy hat day and Kaylee put on a fun princess hat. :) When I look at her it is hard for me to believe that she is 13 months old! She is getting really good at walking now and even tries to run when Brody runs by her. She loves to dance to music and will clap her hands after you finish singing to her or when Brody is done singing. It is so cute when she learns a new word. She will say it over and over again just to let us know that she can say it now. So cute!

We were able to hang out with Grandma, Grandpa, Holly, Ryan, Lilly and Linnea over the break as well. It was fun to watch the kids interact with each other. Kaylee has a lot more fun following the older two around now that she is walking. :)

Brody and I went to another Birthday party for a little girl in his class at school. It was at Chucky- Cheese and he had a blast! I was reminded why I don't really care for the place only because it is a little dirty. When you go over to the pop machine your feet literally stick to the floor!! It makes me wonder about the cleanliness of the rest of the building not to mention all those games that he touched!! However nothing that a little germ juice and a good washing of the hands could not fix! It was worth it to see Brody playing with his friends and having a ball.

Brody was so excited to see chucky cheese in person that he had to go give him a hug! So cute!

We also did a little finger painting over the break! This is one of my favorite things to do with him!! I love getting all messy and making funny shapes in the finger paint. If you don't have the special finger paint paper that they make - definetely get some because it makes a world of a difference!

I usually am not that great at making things but when Brody wanted me to make him a helicopter I was able to come through! He had a great time with this. (It is made out of Trio blocks I like them better then legos because I think you can make more with them!)

We had to hit one of our favorite spots- Bass Pro! It was a beautiful day outside and the kids loved looking at the pond and watching the ducks!


Watching the ducks... you can imagine Kaylees thrill as we watched them! She loved it! We can't wait to take her to the Zoo!! She will love it!

My grandma ("Gammy") had her 90th Birthday party! Doesn't she look great! It was a lot of fun to celebrate her and share in this special time with her.

My mom did a WONDERFUL job getting everything ready for the party! Her and my sister did a lot of planning for this party and it turned out great! Everything was beautiful and looked great for all the guest ( about 50 people) that were at the party.

My dad posing with my sister and I! My dad also did a great job icing all the cupcakes that were there... :) and helping my mom with whatever needed to be done.

Eric, Amy and Drew were able to come a little early and spend some time at my house during the day on Friday. It was fun having them here and we greatly appreciate Eric taking time to look at our computer! End up we had to take everything off and start all over! I am so glad that we have everything backed up on an external hard drive!!! That saved me lots of worry about losing everything!

Ja and Brody having fun in the kitchen during the party.

Grandaddy playing with Drew. Even though my grandpa is over 90 years old he is not afraid to play with the kiddos.
My Aunt Cindy(who is a faithful blog reader) was able to come in town for the party! She made these amazing sausage rolls that I definetely need the recipie for! They were a big hit!

Our little lady
The kiddos outside on my parents deck.

As you can see we have been very busy and have had some great family time because of it!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Glad to see you are back blogging! Brody looks so tall standing next to Chuckie Cheese. It seems like you guys have been busy the past couple of weeks! We are looking forward to Easter weekend with all the kids!

Mrs. J said...

welcome back to the blog-o-sphere! missed you! all your pictures are so great- the new camera is fab! little kaylee is definitely turning into a little lady- so cute!

amy said...

Love hat day! Aren't you so glad the weather is turning warmer so that you can enjoy going to places like Bass Pro etc... We had a nice time with you all last weekend. Drew couldn't get enough of all of your different balls. :) The party was a hit and it was nice to be with everyone.

Marmee said...

I recently read from a psychologists report that twenty minutes a day playing between child and mother does a preschooler as much good as three hours in a classroom. "The closer and better the quality of the mother-child relationship was, the greater the ability of the child was to learn."
Painting, Bass Pro, parties, Hat day... what wonderful playdates for Brody and Kaylee.
Great pics! Thanks for all your help on the party. Couldn't have done it without you all. xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Just got back in town and was so glad to get the currant news and pictures. My goodness the children are growing up. Love the picture of the three at the picnic table. Anxious to see you love Mi MI