Brody and daddy walking under the Bridge.

Yesterday we were able to watch our
niece for a little while while her mom went and got her hair cut. This was the first time that Lilly has come over to play and we were so excited to have her! She crawled around everywhere and even came into the kitchen with me while I was cooking and played with my
Tupperware. :) Brody was taking a nap most of the time she was here but when he woke up he was glad to see her. I know as they get older they will have fun playing together and going over to each other houses!

I am now 30 weeks along and have 70 more days to go. When I think about it, that is not long! We are ready to meet our little girl, yet at the same time not ready. :) I went to the doctor today and had to take Brody with me since my apt. was
changed due to a surgery my doctor had to
perform. We had
scheduled the apt for a time when
Ja would be home to watch him, however it did not end up working that way today. My apt time was at 10:30 and Brody and I did not see the doctor until 1:30! Yes that is right! Just imagine an active two year old waiting that long! :) However he did really good and I was very proud of how he acted and minded me while we were there.

Here he is playing with his cars. I am always prepared with snacks and cars for him and usually if I have those he is good to go. I was also encouraging his good behavior with a reward of a sucker!

You can tell by this picture that he is looking a little bored, but after you have looked at every magazine in the room and picked out things for him to identify, sung songs, pointed to body parts, practiced counting, and played with cars, there is just not much more to do in the small doctors office! I know some of you are thinking, gross he is laying on the floor..... no worries I put hand sanitizer all over him when he was done. It is not like you can keep a little boy off the floor when he is playing with cars! I was just happy that he was not playing with the trash cans!!! :) When the doctor came in she
listened to the heart beat and we were done in about 3
minutes! :)

Look at that happy face now, he had eaten lunch, had a chocolate chip cookie and is eating his sucker on our way home! He was such a good boy that he deserved some special treats!
6 comments:
What a good boy--waiting so long! I remember those doctor's appointments with the long wait and the few minutes to see the doctor. I just hated not knowing how long it would take. Oh well, not too much longer before your baby girl will be here! Lilly seemed to enjoy playing at your house. We will have to get those two together more often!
I am so impressed. I don't think I would have been that good if I had to wait that long...hopefully you brought yourself some snacks!!! You can tell he's really growing up! What a sweet boy!
I am like Jill, I don't think I would have been that good that long. Your diaper bag is like Mary Poppin's bag. All kinds of tricks in it to keep a 2 year old entertained for that many hours. Course it helps that the 2 year old is a good boy.
Cute hat when you were looking at the lights. :-)
xoxoxo
Gosh he is getting so big. I can't believe you didn't just reschedule. So glad Brody did well. That had to be torture waiting for the both of you. Did you get a sucker too? ;)
Pretty lights. I can see why Brody was enjoying them. So, how often DO you borrow mom's clothing? lol Looks cute!
Brody is such a good kiddo. and I agree- your bag is like mary poppin's! it's come to my rescue many times.
You look great Emily!! I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left. I am so impressed with Brody! I can't imagine waiting that long, but you definitely came prepared!
Post a Comment