Wednesday, December 05, 2007

13 1/2 months old and seeing Santa

Brody is now 13 1/2 months old! He is doing so many new things! He is now almost running in the house, he understands most of what we are saying, he can throw (put) a ball in his basketball goal, he is determined not to sit in a stroller for any length of time unless there is food in front of him, he has all kinds of teeth (too many to try and count), and he can say at least 23 words and make 15 different animal noises!! Some of my favorite things he says are... All done, with his hands up in the air when he is finished eating, tractor (it is cute the way he says it), all of our family members names ( he will point to the pictures on our fridge and say their names!!), and he is now saying Santa! He will point to any Santa, whether it be a picture of a Santa, Santa on a pillow, an ornament, or the real thing. :)* (Don't worry we are also teaching him the reason for celebrating Christmas is because of Jesus' birth... which he can sign in sign language!) He has also started liking trains. We will watch Thomas the Train for about 5 min in the afternoon! That is pretty good since he will not sit still for any other TV show! :) He has gone through a major growth spurt because I no longer have to roll some of his pants up. It is amazing how he is growing so fast and picking up on things we are saying!
We took him to see Santa at our local Bass Pro.... which had a very cool set up with a sled and reindeer! This Santa was very nice and tried to make it easy on Brody, which he was fine until I let go of him and put him on Santa's lap. He did not like that very much!
I think this picture is very cute though!!

This is last years picture! Wow look how small he was!!


Brody wanted to give some of his change to the Salvation Army.

One thing that I forgot to mention about Brody is that he LOVES books!! He will sit and read a book all day long if we would sit there and read with him! This picture is very cute of him and Aunt Amy reading!

Making Christmas cookies! Brody even got to join in on the fun! He had his own cookie to make and he even got to eat one!

We went to the Christmas Gathering at church. These are some of my friends that were there. It was a lot of fun and a nice time to relax, sample some food, see what is the "must haves" for the year and fellowship with friends and my sister!


Amy was able to come with me which I was so glad! We had a good time together! I decorated a table for this event and had a fun time doing it. I was glad Amy and Eric were able to come down for the weekend and spend some time with us! I know Brody was sad to see you go and has said "Laney" with his hand up in the air (as to say where is she) several times since you have left. :)* Thanks for a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We loved being a part of Brody seeing Santa this year. That was great! Interesting to see how much he has changed. His vocabulary is just amazing! He is so smart and it is hard not to give in when he signs "more please". (Right Marmee?)
I had fun at The Christmas Gathering. I told Jill it felt like I was at Oprah's Favorite Things show! I will definitely be coming back. :) It was good meeting your friends so I can now put a face and personality to the name. Glad you all have each other. That's important.
Tell Brody that Laney slept for 2 days after we returned because he just plumb wore her out. HA
Love you and Love Brody Ja too! XO

Anonymous said...

What a great summary of our little boy. Words, what he likes, what he can do, how he looks and acts. I love it! It was a great week-end and even though I know like Laney we were all worn out with all that we did, it was fun. So glad we got to keep the tradition of the Christmas cookies going. Thanks for taking the time to do that. And... this year even Brody got to benefit from the cookie making.
Love the Santa picture.
Love you all. Marmee xoxoxoxoxo