Monday, March 16, 2009

Walmart, 1 month old, and family photo!

This week I had the wonderful opportunity to take both of our children on a Walmart run! I was so excited... Not! First I wondered how we were ever going to get out the door! I like to get to Walmart early so it does not interfere with Brody's lunch time, however this was not going to be the case this time! So good thing Walmart has a McDonald's inside, so after we shopped we ran in there for a bite to eat. Overall the experience was great because Kaylee slept the whole time!! Can't get much better then that! However I do have a question for all the people that have two or more children.... where do you put your food??!! My two year old is not old enough to walk beside me, so that leaves him in the back with all the food. I guess I will have to change the time when I go to Walmart to when Ja is home with them. Which lets face it that is not a bad idea!!!! :)

Brody is doing so good with Kaylee!! He keeps saying, " She is getting so big, when she gets bigger she will play with me!" So cute! If he does not know where she is he always asks and likes to go check on her to see if she is ok. :) In this picture you can see him entertaining her with his wonderful piano skills! I think it is cute because she is looking right at him!


Kaylee is now 1 month old!! I can't believe how much she has changed in a month! She is definitely teaching us how to know what she needs and when she needs it! She has a very sensitive stomach and I have to really watch what I eat, so that it does not affect her! You can almost count on her spiting up after you feed her! We have burped her for 30 min. and think we have gotten it all out, and then you lay her down and out comes the spit up! Needless to say we get to try on many outfits a day!



Brody loves to give her kisses!

Attempt #1 at a family photo! It is hard to get both children happy and how you want them in your family photo at the same time!!!


This is what we ended up with, I think it is a cute picture!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!! She is getting so big. And, I completely understand the changing of outfits because of spit up! :) Can't wait to see you guys on Sunday!

Julie

Anonymous said...

I love the family pic! Cute of all and Em. you look really good for having a 1 month old plus an active 2yr. old. :-) You too Ja.
You don't realize how much she has grown until you compare the pic. with the pig about a month ago. Pretty soon before you know it she WILL be playing with Brody.

amanda torres said...

The kids are so beautiful! I'm so glad your transition to 2 kiddos is going so smoothly!

On the grocery trips, put your baby girl in a front carrier and Brody in the cart. It's the only way I can shop.

amy said...

She IS getting bigger! Doesn't take long. I am ready to see them both. You are brave for heading to Walmart with both of them. It's neat to hear what Brody says about Kaylee and how he will show her what he can do. You wonder what Kaylee is thinking. BOTH of your family pictures are great! Telling different "stories" if you will. :) I can see that flatter stomach more and more Em. xoxo

Jill said...

So cute!!!

Anonymous said...

CUTE CUTE PICTURES. IT WAS GREAT TO SEE KAYLEE AND BRODY (YOU AMD JASON TOO). THANKS FOR A GREAT TIME IN TULSA. MI MI

the Pulleys said...

She is such a beauty Em! Love how she looks rt. @ you w/ those eyes. Just can't believe she's getting so big so fast!

Mrs. J said...

Hey girlie- about grocery shopping with kiddos....When I can go with just one kid or by myself, I go to Wal-mart. But if I have them both, I have broken down and I go to Reasor's. It cost more $$, but they have a police car & fire truck attached to a few baskets that Jasmine loves. That keeps her entertained the whole time. And I just sit Jocelyn in the basket. There's not much room to put stuff around her car seat, but I've bought over $100 worth of groceries by just doing that! You learn to utilize the bottom part of the basket and all the nooks and crannies! At Reasor's, they also have the pick-up service, so I don't have to take the basket to my car. That's huge! One time at Wal-mart, I was pushing one basket with the kids and pulling one with the grocery sacks- that was a nightmare & I won't do that again! You will do a great job and as we both grow in this, we can share ideas with each other. In the fall, preschool will make this easier too. Anyways, I love you and I love all the pictures- especially the family one- it's priceless!